•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hitch

Redlazer

Reaction score
Will a Ranger hitch work on a Bronco II? If so any there any specific years? I'm wanting to find one at the junk yard if I can. Finial question how hard is it to install one on the Bronco II? There is not much room to between the frame and the gas tank.

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I'm sure you could make a Ranger hitch bolt onto a Bronco II, but there isn't very much room to play with around the gas tank.
I looked it up on the CURT hitches website, and they list different hitches for a B2 vs a Ranger. From the picture it looks like the flange that bolts to the frame on the hitch bracket is bent from the inside out on the ranger hitch, and it's from the outside in on a B2. I would assume that is for gas tank clearance

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ok thank you
I pulled mine off. It would have been much harder to without a crowfoot wrench to hold the nuts on top of the frame. I don't know that it could be done any other way.

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Anyone know where i can get a front mount hitch for a 87 BII ??

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I've never seen one. All I've seen have been custom. I went to the local u pull it and got one for the rear, cut it and welded it in place. Mainly cause I wanted it higher. Also pulled one for the front just haven't got to that yet. They were 20$ a piece so for that cheap its a steal

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
The " made for the BII " new FRONT hitches don't fit. There is a rear hitch that literally bolts up to the front of your BII. Pics to follow.

Last edited:

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Drawtite sells a front receiver that they say fits 89-97 rangers (part number 65017). Might be close enough to make it fit a B2.

Or you could get an adjustable universal one like this http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-37042-Multi-Fit-Receiver/dp/B000CQOIR8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423627858&sr=8-2&keywords=universal+hitch+receiver

Or if you have a welder, just get any hitch from a junkyard and make it fit like kayakcrazy mentioned

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
The Drawtite 65017 DOES NOT FIT A BII. Not even close. the Reese hitch mentioned DOES FIT THE FRONT OF A BII. One has to remove or re-engineer the anti sway bar but other than that it's a bolt on.

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks for the input , I have a Curt hitch on the way from E-trailer for the rear , but i think a lift kit would come before the front hitch.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Thanks for the input , I have a Curt hitch on the way from E-trailer for the rear , but i think a lift kit would come before the front hitch.
I understand that, gotta prioritize, If only there was unlimited funds and time to play.:D

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The Curt Hitch came in for the rear , 30LBS. Mounts with 2, 7/16 bolts to bumper and four 1/2 inch Carriage bolts with plates that i need to drop down from the inside of the frame ,
a notch need's to be made in two spots on the bumper rubber molding.
I think I need to get a bit of a lift and explorer springs next.