•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What did you do to your Bronco today?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Seems every forum has a thread like this... we might as well too.

So tell us what you did to your Bronco today... if it involves getting it upside down or any kind of fire... pictures are required.

But seriously... pictures are always welcomed.

I got my order from JEGS today. I always put a set of gauges in my trucks... it's like I just have to! Decided to try of set of JEGS branded gauges this time around. All electric and I was totally digging the silver face. I had a three gauge pod I never used in the garage. I'm thinking about mounting them on top of the dash centered under the rearview mirror. My oil and cooling adapters should be here Monday... hopefully the weather holds out and I get a chance to put this stuff in.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Alright I want those!

Tonight my 9 year old and I installed some new Kenwood speakers in the back of the B2. Then we took a night ride in the woods. Good stuff.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm not even sure who makes JEGS gauges for them. I wanted the Autometer Ford Racing series gauges... I just couldn't justify the price. I'm into my complete setup for about the same price as the Ford Racing oil pressure gauge.

I also wish my audio problems were as simple as installing a set of new speakers... I've been putting off dealing with a this stuff...

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Just received a build date email from Ford day before yesterday.

And since the mrs isn't on this forum yet I can say that her rock lights she has been fussing for showed up yesterday for Christmas.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Are they pink rock lights?
You can set the color... so yes. I forget how many options there are but it is way more colors than I can name.

I suspect she will leave it set to a green though.

jjfugler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Put new door seals on pax door. Also pulled panel off and put dynamat inside the door for sound. Foind out why my door latch isnt working (broken) and missing a screw that holds window gears in place. If anyone knows what screws are supposed to be in there pls send me a pic.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Good thing building supplies have come down a bit.

I'm so ready to have a shop again. My single car is seriously cramping my plans.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
The receiver hitch came in today for it.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
The receiver hitch came in today for it.
It's crazy to me that if you take the receiver off your build sheet... they will build you a truck. But you can buy the receiver and have it waiting for when you receive the truck. I'm sure there are other factors... but this launch sure has it share of difficulties.

I can't remember exactly... but wasn't Ford going to add a tow prep package harness even if you removed tow package for people that wanted it?

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
It's crazy to me that if you take the receiver off your build sheet... they will build you a truck. But you can buy the receiver and have it waiting for when you receive the truck. I'm sure there are other factors... but this launch sure has it share of difficulties.

I can't remember exactly... but wasn't Ford going to add a tow prep package harness even if you removed tow package for people that wanted it?
That is with the tops, you can get a soft top Bronco with provisions for the rear window defroster and rear wiper.

The trailer wiring is tied into the computer, I assume there would take some forscan action to activate.

I am mainly after the hard point for like a bike rack and recovery point, I can't see picking the Bronco to tow anything over one of my trucks.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Oh that's right... it was a soft top thing.

Mhollis1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
BroncoII
May have said a few choice words while working on it my Momma would not have been proud of!

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Sometimes swearing at it helps...

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Man... we sure are a lame bunch.

I suspect in a week or two I'll be ready to get busy on my rig. Still need a bit more healing time. But I'm carefully plugging away at some garage organization.

I'm so ready to get this Bronco II rolling down the road.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
It’s not so much what I did to my Bronco today as what I’ll be doing thru the spring and summer. I’ve got an 85 that has been an on going project for several years. I started with a body lift and well it some how grew into a full body off frame restoration. Not one of those fancy rotisserie back to factory restos . A redneck with a barn, a screwdriver and a rusty pair of pliers kind. Her current condition is an arguably 50% done but are we ever truly done?🤔 my goal is to drive her under her own power by the end of summer. Mind you I still have a job working 40 to 60 hours a week. Body is back on, new everything, I even threw a running 2.8 duraspark
9A03C0BC-8C91-4707-B5D7-0A5F8D33BF76.jpeg
back in her till I get to the 5.0 portion of the project. The only brakes are the pedal a new power booster and master cylinder and that’s it. No shocks, rotted tires, no fuel tank, no exhaust past y pipe, and that’s just for starters. I’ve got a back porch full of new parts to get the party started. I’m thinking I should start a build thread To help liven up this joint. Seems it goes weeks in here with no new posts. So what do y’all think.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I think that's awesome.

I also think when I bought mine... I got lucky that all of what youre doing was done. It certainly isn't cheap and it's a ton of work. I very well could find issues when I start shaking it down... but I feel really good about where it is. I hope to be driving it in a few weeks.

I need to start a build thread myself here.

You make a build thread... you know I'll follow along.