•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My 2023 Big Bend ๐Ÿ˜Ž

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Hey-oooo!

"Long time" ranger-stationer, first time corral-er.

Folks that are here from TRS might know that yesterday morning I took my 2021 Ranger on a little trip to see about upgrading to a Bronco.. well..

20230520_122319.jpg

Here it is! 2023 Big Bend.. with the correct number of doors ๐Ÿ˜‰ 2.3l & 10spd.

Beyond elated at the moment. While the big bend isn't exactly "loaded" it does have more nice touches than the XL Ranger...

-"Full size" radio screen
-Auto/dual zone climate control
-Heated front seats ๐Ÿฅฐ
-Shift-knob and steering wheel covered with what used to be a sentient being
-Heated side mirrors
-More USB ports (that hopefully provide more amps than the ones in the ranger ๐Ÿ˜‘)
-110v outlet
-Terrain modes
-Way cooler looking instrument cluster
-AND JUST LOOK AT THE THING!

I'm not extremely hot on the blue to be honest.. but at least it's not RED ๐Ÿคข (Sorry @RonD) my first ranger was a darker blue.. and I learned to love it.. so I'm not worried. I'm just happy that I could aquire a 2 door without needing to spend 45k on a used base model from carmax/carvana.

Msrp just a hair over 43k.. with 3k ADM. The ADM doesn't bother me, as I said.. I was prepared to spend just as much money on a used base model so.. got a lot more for my money this way.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Nice...

I still shoulda just ordered one. Right now they're kinda like money in the bank if you bought it with no dealer mark ups.

Seems I built and priced a 2 door black diamond squatch and was under 40k. The prices are sure headed north.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Nice...

I still shoulda just ordered one. Right now they're kinda like money in the bank if you bought it with no dealer mark ups.

Seems I built and priced a 2 door black diamond squatch and was under 40k. The prices are sure headed north.
Headed north is an understatement unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜• back when the build&price tool first went live a base bronco was something like 28,500$... today they're 34,800$. Wicked bummer.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I love the 2Dr and Velocity Blue is great color.
Todays ADM is tomorrows MSRP :)

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Todays ADM is tomorrows MSRP :)
Good way of thinking about it lol

Put the wheels/tires that I had on the ranger on it last night..

20230522_195249.jpg

275/65/18 +18mm offset.

I JUST ordered a 2" lift & muffler delete ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Muffler delete will be installed whenever it shows up, lift will wait until I can get some 35"s.. probably be a few weeks at the very least.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I haven't followed the new Bronco lately as much as I did. I have to wonder about 35's on the smaller front end. That big of tire from the factory would have the bigger cast iron diff.

I'm sure many have lifted to get them under their rig... might be a little early to know how well it's gonna hold up.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I haven't followed the new Bronco lately as much as I did. I have to wonder about 35's on the smaller front end. That big of tire from the factory would have the bigger cast iron diff.

I'm sure many have lifted to get them under their rig... might be a little early to know how well it's gonna hold up.
The smaller bronco front end is the same one that's in the ranger IIRC.. and those seem to hold up relatively decent.

That being said.. It IS a *mild* concern of mine, and partly why I decided on "only" 35s instead of 37s lol.

Between how easy I am on my stuff while I'm wheeling.. and the front end being open.. it doesn't scare me too much. The thing isn't gonna be wheeled too too terribly often either so.. fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
That's what they all say...

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
There is a bolt-in upgrade for the front diff from Ford. Also needed is the Ford Tuner for programming the system. I think it includes a locker.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
That's what they all say...
I mean it though ๐Ÿ˜‹ I'm too old now to want to pound on the daily driver lol. Once it's paid off well see what it can really do ๐Ÿ˜›

There is a bolt-in upgrade for the front diff from Ford. Also needed is the Ford Tuner for programming the system. I think it includes a locker.

Well get there someday probably.. once the warranty is up. Next thing on the chopping block is build/buying a house.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
20230526_160522.jpg

20230526_160557.jpg

Recieved and Installed my Flowmaster Outlaw Series muffler delete this afternoon. Super easy.

The overall tone and external volume seem about the same as the AFE muffler delete I had on my truck. I havnt had it out on the road yet, so cannot comment on the level of interior noise.. but I expect it to be a bit more than the ranger.

Really don't know why they bothered polishing the tip... not gonna see the thing unless you tip it over lol.

Also recieved my 2" R.C lift/level, install for that is TBD.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Muffler delete is indeed louder in cabin than it was on the Ranger, but.. like the ranger... really only during acceleration. At steady cruising speed you can't tell anything's been done to the exhaust.

I'm happy with it. I'm many years past the point in my life where I enjoyed having a deafening daily driver.. but a silent daily driver is no fun..

For 136$ shipped to my door, this was the perfect way to give the Bronco just the right amount of sass. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
A little sass adds at least 30 horse...
Flowmaster's *totally not bogus* dyno sheet for the kit shows gains of 15hp and 16tq through the entire rpm range for the 2.7 ๐Ÿ˜‹

Under 10$ for each additional hp lol... not bad! ๐Ÿ˜‚

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Flowmaster's *totally not bogus* dyno sheet for the kit shows gains of 15hp and 16tq through the entire rpm range for the 2.7 ๐Ÿ˜‹

Under 10$ for each additional hp lol... not bad! ๐Ÿ˜‚
And you get some added payload capacity! :)

How much does the stock muffler weigh?

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
And you get some added payload capacity! :)

How much does the stock muffler weigh?
Oooh I'm not sure.. 20 lbs perhaps? It's certainly not a dainty muffler, that's for sure.

The stock muffler on the ranger has a wicked bottleneck in it... theres a "washer" tacked into it that restricts an otherwise 3" pipe down to 1"..

8213143D-276D-4716-A620-C8E7E2DEAA19.jpeg

Unsure if it's the same story with the Bronco mufflers.. but I do know I noticed a slight (negative) difference in the truck when I swapped from my muffler delete back to the stock setup for trade-in. Seemed ever so slightly doggish with the stock muffler back on.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Not liking the fakery on exhaust size...

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I'm not sure if the community has ever figured out WHY ford decided to restrict its muffler like that... but it definitely seems really odd to me.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Nice, and the correct number of doors too. LOL We'll give @85_Ranger4x4 a pass since he's got a kid and, technically, it's his wife's ride. FWIW, the JB4 tuner makes my 2.7 pretty snappy, but I do keep 92 or 93 octane in it. Averaging about 22 mpg on level 3. The only mods I've done besides the tuner are fog lights, door pockets and the autostop eliminator. Plus a couple of Forscan tweaks. No real offroading yet, but plan to when I can get the time. Right now mine's just a fun DD.
20221120_072416.jpg

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Nice, and the correct number of doors too. LOL We'll give @85_Ranger4x4 a pass since he's got a kid and, technically, it's his wife's ride. FWIW, the JB4 tuner makes my 2.7 pretty snappy, but I do keep 92 or 93 octane in it. Averaging about 22 mpg on level 3. The only mods I've done besides the tuner are fog lights, door pockets and the autostop eliminator. Plus a couple of Forscan tweaks. No real offroading yet, but plan to when I can get the time. Right now mine's just a fun DD.
View attachment 16138
IMHO, You've got right color!