•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 3rd Petal

1. 3

Weird idle issue

How big if a chunk broke off the carb? Maybe you have a vacuum leak right there under the carb now
  2. 3

1984 Bronco II project thread

As far as power goes, that sounds about right. In my experience it takes 3 grand to push these things down the freeway. Back before I regeared mine, 5th gear was for downhill only. I wouldn't be too concerned about the engine temp as long as its only a little above half. How old is the...
  3. 3

89 b2 build

Looks good to me
  4. 3

89 b2 build

Cool. So your gonna build the roof rack off of it and have it carry all the way over the cab?
  5. 3

87 Bronco II "II Tuff"

Nothing major in the way of updates. Got a set of Warn 37780 "Jeep" hubs, and I finally corrected the steering geometry with a bigger drop pitman arm Also got a cheap chinese made winch on there, and promptly stuffed it coming down Moab Rim during our Moab trip, and bent the fairlead before I...
  6. 3

Moonrocks 3/22/15

Pictures from a day out at Moonrocks, near Reno NV
  7. 3

Bronco II Dana 44/ Ford 9" Swap

Earlier in the post it says the axles are out of an Early Bronco. So they are just about the same width as the stock axles
  8. 3

87 Bronco II "II Tuff"

Been busy with work and other projects for a while, so I haven't made too much real progress Managed to grenade a Rugged Ridge hub on a partial throttle hill climb Got the stock hubs back on for now, I'll get some Warn "Jeep" hubs on there before the Moab trip coming up Also spent a little...
  9. 3

Hitch

Drawtite sells a front receiver that they say fits 89-97 rangers (part number 65017). Might be close enough to make it fit a B2. Or you could get an adjustable universal one like this...
  10. 3

Fuel Pump

Would probably be best to just put a new mechanical fuel pump on, they are cheap and easy to change. If you already have an electric pump and want to use it, just splice it somewhere in the fuel line, closer to the fuel tank is better. Then use a regulator to dial the pressure down to 5 or 6 psi
  11. 3

Cow Mountain 1/18/15

Here's a couple pictures and a video from Cow Mountain, just out of Ukiah CA, from last weekend. Got my uncle, who had never taken his truck wheeling, to come with me. It didn't take him long to decide he wasn't having a good time, so we turned around and left before we got to any challenging trails
  12. 3

Moab Bronco Safari 2015

Not nearly as popular as the other event going on in Moab a few weeks earlier, but I was wondering if anyone else gonna be going to Moab Bronco Safari this year? I'll be taking my B2 and my full size out there, and just maybe we can get my dad's Early Bronco together in time.
  13. 3

"Project BARB" 1986 bronco 2

They don't, my old KC lights will throw light way further out there. But the LED light bar I have has the uncanny ability to make the entire immediate area around you as bright as daylight, much better than "old" halogen style lights do. And they draw like 1/10th of the power
  14. 3

Changing mechanical fuel pump

I've never changed one on a 2.8 like you've got, so I cant tell you if there are any tricks specific to that motor. But I have done quite a few on other motors, and it is a very simple process. Should have 2 lines, and in and an out. Remove those, then there should be 2 bolts that hold it onto...
  15. 3

87 Bronco II "II Tuff"

$800 of aluminum heads for a $500 Bronco, which isn't even mine? Makes sense :bling: