•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 86fordbroncoii

1. 8

1989 bronco 2

Theres a thread on this already, about 5 down from the top
  2. 8

1985 Bronco II Won't Start

If you for sure have a nice blue spark at the coil, check your firing order. The way I do it is to pop off the distributor cap, wrap a piece of masking tape around it and mark the order 1-6. Pay attention to the orientation of the cap when you take it off to reference #1 on the cap. From there...
  3. 8

NEW HERE.... looking for information

If you are still gung-ho about a clean example, I recommend finding a truck out west. Here in Colorado, Bronco II's are cheap since everyone is too excited about XJ jeeps and such. It'd be cheaper to do a Roadkill style roadtrip, getting a truck home than buying one local to you that is rust...
  4. 8

Like this one https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/earlysville-1989-ford-bronco-ii/6982909120.html
  5. 8

Dude 5 grand for a Bronco II? Do not pay any more than like 2500-3000. Look on places like craigslist, offerup, letgo blah blah blah. There are some good examples out there, I payed less than a grand for mine.
  6. 8

2.9l timing questions!!!

From this what I gather is timing marks pointing at each other inline, like you said, is the way to do it
  7. 8

2.9l timing questions!!!

I'll take a stab at this since I just had my motor in and out of my truck too. Never fun to hear, but double check all your vacuum lines, connectors, etc. Even for a simple fuel injection setup these trucks are a little finicky. Did you hook up all the harness grounds? Didn't switch any of those...
  8. 8

Power Steering Pump Pulley

I screwed mine up using the wrong puller. $30ish on ebay. Part number E47C-3D673-AA <<< OR >>> E47C3D673AA
  9. 8

Quieter Exhaust

The only connection that is not bolt on is after the muffler and cats to the pipe that comes out by the tire. I used two exhaust clamps. No leaks thus far
  10. 8

Quieter Exhaust

Dont let an exhaust shop screw you around. Go on rockauto and get their walker parts. It bolts up, I did it on mine and very happy with the results. While you are at it, get some 88 manifolds to really 'delete' your egr
  11. 8

Shudder with first gear take off

Hey all, Would like to pick some brains here if possible. Finally started daily driving my bronco with confidence. However, it recently developed an intermittent issue. From time to time, from an absolute stand still, it will shudder taking off in first gear letting out the clutch. I've been...
  12. 8

300 I6 in 85 bronco 2

I am extremely keen to see if this works out. I think it'd be a fantastic setup. Please keep us all updated if you are going through with this
  13. 8

Compatible radiators for 4x4 B2?

^^^^This. Plus Explorer radiators are 'oversized' compared to stock. Running one currently in my 86. Came from rockauto and would recommend
  14. 8

LED bulb replacement draining battery now?

I've never ran HID's or aftermarket lights, but to me it sounds like your ballast and/or something in your new wiring is wired 12v+ constant. I would've wired it 12v switched, off the key, just to prevent an issue like this. If you want to find out what is causing the current draw, unhook your...