•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 89Bronco2Micheal

1. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help with EGR delete on 87 B2

I want to remove to EGR on my 87 B2. Can someone explain how and what I need to do?
  2. 89Bronco2Micheal

Exhaust Manifold Bolts - what size and material to buy?

I have an 87 B2 got it about 5 years ago its the one on my profile pic. Original owner told me heads cracked while under warranty took it back to dealership had new heads put on I think he said they were Jasper heads. It now has 135k miles on it.
  3. 89Bronco2Micheal

30 amp fuse gets hot Whats going on?

Thanks I will try to tighten that connection.
  4. 89Bronco2Micheal

30 amp fuse gets hot Whats going on?

I have an 87 b2 The AC compressor and Blower motor run of the same 30 amp fuse. Fuse gets hot when I turn both AC and blower motor on it will melt the fuse sometimes. The slot for the 30 amp fuse is loose could that be my problem, should the AC and Blower motor be on same fuse? I can turn AC on...
  5. 89Bronco2Micheal

I need help 1987 B2 dead in the water.

I found the problem the positive battery post was lose, I put new battery post on two weeks ago tightened them real good but I guess they got lose. With key on I wiggled the positive battery post and heard clicking noise I knew that was the problem. Everyone make shure your battery post are...
  6. 89Bronco2Micheal

I need help 1987 B2 dead in the water.

My B2 has no power I turn the key over and nothing no fuel pumps coming on no dash lights no headlights no horn nothing comes on. My battery is good 12.68 amps. It started fine today I pulled up under a tree and cleaned my inside windows with mixture of vinegar and water and a squidge, I'm...
  7. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help with vaccum lines where do they go.

My 87 B2 automatic is missing some vaccum lines red and green ones. Can someone show pictures of where they go? My diagram sticker in front of radiator is worn I cant read it. Also the air box is looks different its for 1987 models only.
  8. 89Bronco2Micheal

2.9L loses power on long day trips

Your catalytic converter could be clogged up causing heat to rise back into engine compartment. Would also cause loss of power during acceleration engine needs to breath in and out easily, also check fuel filters, air filter. Other things to do, pressure wash your radiator get those bugs out...
  9. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help with AC Blower motor fuse gets hot.

Problem solved. I replaced the 30 amp fuse with a Bussmann fuse works fine now not getting hot. The fuse that was melted was a cheap made in china fuse.
  10. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help with AC Blower motor fuse gets hot.

My 87 B2 may be wired wrong because the 30amp fuse is connected to the AC Blower motor and AC on off switch. Fuse gets really hot and fuse panel has melted a bit. AC works and Blower motor both work fine but why are they both connected to the same fuse? Can I just disconnect the AC at the fuse...
  11. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help my 87 B2 spits out gas when I remove gas cap.

I noticed the line connected to the charcoal canister was not connected just a 4 inch long rubber hose in between the line must have came lose when I was off road. I re connected the vent line and that fixed that problem. Thank you for your help.
  12. 89Bronco2Micheal

Need help my 87 B2 spits out gas when I remove gas cap.

Gas tank has a lot of air pressure and spits out gas all over my hand whenever I remove gas cap after driving a few miles. I put in 4 cans of Berrymans B12 chemtool in two months after that is when I noticed gas spitting out. Do I need a new gas vapor cannistor? Gas cap is still new only 6...
  13. 89Bronco2Micheal

Heater core flush

just buy a new heater core $50 youtube vids show how simple it is to remove it.
  14. 89Bronco2Micheal

87 B2 wont start when cold outside.

Update on my B2. Don't use dielectric grease between TFI module and distributor use a heat sink paste instead. I had the no start issue this morning again I had a friend try starting it while I wiggled the TFI it would start up while I held the TFI tighter against the distributor but would shut...
  15. 89Bronco2Micheal

87 B2 wont start when cold outside.

I found the problem the TFI module on the distributor was loose the two screws that hold the TFI on were about two turns loose and the dielectric grease was about dried up, I cleaned the back of the distributor and TFI with rubbing alcohol applied new grease put the TFI back on and it started...