•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Blueheeler47

1. B

Removing air conditioner

Air conditioner has not worked for years, sure is in the way. Anything wrong with removing the compressor and some of the lines?
  2. B

Stalling

This spring got new plugs, wires, distributor, cap and rotor, and recently a new fuel filter. I only use it on the farm, has ran better with the new fuel filter, running conventional gas in it. It has had periods the last few years where it has sat quite a bit. Parts store said maybe the...
  3. B

Stalling

The bronco is running, using it on the farm, it occasional will stall, can wait 30 seconds and it will start right back up. Replaced the fuel filter, it seemed to idle better after that and I thought that might have been the cause of the stalling, however, it stalled again. Thoughts? I know, I...
  4. B

85 bronco II rotor button breaking

This will be three rotor buttons replaced in a short period time. What is the possible causes for this? TIA
  5. B

Carb

So how did the conversion work out? Thinking I need to do this from what I have read. 85 BII, runs, but not very good.
  6. B

Ignition Module

Thanks for the info AB, we had the ignition module and it was good, Being shade tree mechanics, and not very good ones at that, we're fishing!
  7. B

Ignition Module

Ok Jim, got back under the hood today, discovered the rotor was broke and had cracked the distributor cap. Replaced those, still no luck, oreilly's thought the pick up might have been damaged. We have to pull the distributor to replace the pick up right? Do you haven a resource that would detail...
  8. B

Ignition Module

Thanks for the suggestions Jim, I did replace the plug going to the module, I got new screws when I ordered the plug, had already lost one when taking it off the first time. Will see if I can find any other problems with wiring.
  9. B

Ignition Module

I had to replace the ignition module last year on my "85", while I was at, new plugs, wires, rotor and distributor cap, ran great for a while and then suddenly quit. Same thing it had done before, so I took off the ignition module and had it tested, was bad, installed the new one, ran great for...