•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Broncotim

1. Broncotim

Rear upper shock mount replacement issue.

I have a 1988 Bronco II. The rear upper shock mounts have seen better days and are heavily rusted. I want to replace them. My mounts have 4 rivets to the frame. I cannot find them online. I see just the three-hole type. Any ideas team?
  2. Broncotim

1988 Bronco II clutch issue

I am having an issue with my clutch on my 1988 Bronco II. At times the pedal rises but no resistance goes straight to the floor. It will come back up. During this I cannot shift into any gears. If I let the Bronco run and warm up sometimes the pressure will resume and then I can shift gears...
  3. Broncotim

No clutch till Bronco warmed up?

No. It would not go into gear when the clutch pedal had nor pressure. The clutch pedal would rise but no pressure when I would push down.
  4. Broncotim

No clutch till Bronco warmed up?

Today I decided to Drive my 1988 Bronco II. My Bronco II is stored in my detached garage. It stays dry. This week it's been very cold here in Tennessee at times below 0. Today when I started my clutch pedal had no pressure and I could not shift into gear. My fluid level was good and I could not...
  5. Broncotim

Tire size that will fit with a 2 inch suspension lift

I run 30x9.50-15 with a 2 inch lift. I could probably run 31x10-15 with some trimming.
  6. Broncotim

1989 Bronco II Frame Repair

https://www.broncocorral.com/forums/index.php?threads/coil-spring-tower-replacement.153673/ Please read as I had a similar issue.
  7. Broncotim

Bedliner paint job idea.

Looks good. I used the tint able raptor liner Red on the lower rocker panels on my 1988 Bronco II and loved the way it turned out.
  8. Broncotim

Coil Spring Tower replacement.

From ATS Ford Ranger Coil Spring/Shock Tower Kits (autoandtrucksprings.com)
  9. Broncotim

What did you do to your Bronco today?

Awesome thank you.
  10. Broncotim

What did you do to your Bronco today?

Where did you find the washer nozzle?
  11. Broncotim

Bedliner paint job idea.

What are your thoughts on a two tone Bedliner paint job. It's a most likely do it yourself job. Alot cheaper than a new paint job. My Bronco II's paint job is showing its age and has some blemishes. Looking for your feedback.
  12. Broncotim

86 bronco 2 wont start when hot

I once had an Engine Temp sensor cause issues with restarting after engine gets warm. Also, if the TFI module is old it could be heating up and faulting. When these occur the vehicle will turn over but not start until it cools. If the engine will not crank it could be something electrical to the...
  13. Broncotim

I finished the job. What a bear. Removing the coil spring was rather easy. Grinded the rivet heads and broke my air chisel trying to force the rivets out. A punch attached to a 1/2 inch extension and a hammer ultimately worked. Yes found frame rot. Called a friend that runs a mobile welder...
  14. Broncotim

I recently noticed that my 1988 Bronco II passenger side suspension coil spring tower is heavily rusted at its frame mounting location. I was able to order a new one from ATS. The match was for a Ranger the Bronco II they have listed is different than what I have. Also the Jeff Bronco's...
  15. Broncotim

windshield washer nozzle replacement issue.

No I am still searching. I need to go to the local junkyards and try my luck and see of they have any Bronco II's or maybe 80's rangers. Otherwise I'm going to have to get very creative.