•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by buck119fa

1. B

getting ready for the V8

just bought a motor to start my v8 swap. looking for any pictures or recommendations of what I may need to do prior to starting. I want to get everything together and ready before I start. this is an 84 and going with a 1970 302 from a mustang. Starting the motor rebuild next week any info...
  2. B

Picking up my next B2 Project

Well it's been a while since I've been on here. Not much to update, did some work on the Holley carp I put on here to get it to run better. Still adjusting but really haven't driven it all winter. I really think I'm going with the V8 swap in this. the little 2.8 and the tires I have... it just...
  3. B

drive shaft angle after lift

Anyone running a 3 to 4 inch lift tell me what your drive shaft angel is after the lift and how it's running with that angle. did you shim the axle or drop the rear of the trans or ??? Looking at the angle on mine and wondering what everyone else has and if there have been any issues with it.
  4. B

Now that I've driven it a little more, 175miles, and 1.5 quarts oil later.... smoking and blow by was terrible, Bad valve seals, almost all 12 were missing chunks or completely broken in half, now that's done not much smoke but I think a little burn off yet. need to run it today and make some...
  5. B

Thanks, the front and rear bumpers are from James Duff
  6. B

here are the pics of the semi finished BII, I'm thinking V8 swap is next.
  7. B

LED Lights finished

Just got the BII on the road, lighting is finished. All LED now except the head lights. bought some halogen replacement lenses and they looked good but function was in the toilet so I went back to the sealed beams. I'll have to work on that. here are the pics (sorry for the glare but what do ya...
  8. B

it's on the road, still some stuff I want to do (we never really finish a project do we?) I'll post the lights under the lighting - electrical section directly. and tomorrow I'll get some good photos up now that I'm driving it. Still have little stuff to do. messing with the carb and timing to...
  9. B

well figured some of this out. multiple vacuum leaks on the intake and EGR plate. So after all the work I already did to this thing and the duraspark conversion I guess I should have done the intake gaskets when I had it apart. Oh well, running good right now, no leaks and pulling 16psi at idle...
  10. B

2.8 EGR plate Torque spec

Anyone know the torque spec for the EGR plate to intake manifold? had a bad leak and needed to replace the gasket, now can't find that spec, nothing in any of my books. thanks
  11. B

well is on the road. little timing adjustments but running good. only issue so far is the trans, short 1st gear, long second to third, no power in 2nd and 3rd, seems to pull down the motor, kick the throttle to get back to second and it hits but that's even short. Expressway drive and I'm lucky...
  12. B

Well mirrors are on, new gauge cluster built and wired in, carb might still have a little adjustments to do but I believe it's ready. I think we'll road test it for a bit before I take it out any distance. Been a while since it's driven. So many hours in the shop working on this, now that it's...
  13. B

instrument cluster wiring diagram

I've been looking all over the web for the wiring diagram for the harness at the instrument cluster on the 1984 BII, Any one have that? finding everything else but that. building a new gauge set up and need to reuse some of the old wires and a diagram would be extremely helpful thanks
  14. B

Still a work in progress but getting a lot closer. Some wiring to do yet and mirrors. getting the plates on it next week so I can take it in for the alignment. looking to get this on the road, been a long journey to this point
  15. B

88 Bronco II Project

some resources to start looking at, LMC truck and the bronco grave yard - order yourself their catalogs, Ebay is a good source but some of the stuff is just junk be mindful of that. is your bronco 2wd? you mentioned 4x4 swap? if your doing a lift look (as already posted) at James Duff, it's a...