•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by dirtcowboy

1. dirtcowboy

drum to disc conversion

Any explorer 91? to 96 has an 8.8 disc rear. They are about 1 1/2" total, 3/4" per side wider, not a huge deal.
  2. dirtcowboy

Fyi

This Bronco II is the one I bought in 2010. Here he is now Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING but the custom trans, doubler, radius arm skid plate has been replaced or re-built:icon_thumby:
  3. dirtcowboy

New job

Yea, that's pretty much what this dude said, starts at about 1600 but could get to 2500-3000, depending on damage. The exploder I bought was a one owner, garage kept unit with 100k on the clock. PLUS it has a v-8! Really too nice to convert but it was the best one available.
  4. dirtcowboy

New job

Well A4LD #3 is toast, estimate is 2500 to rebuild it, if the guy can find the hard parts. I bought an Exploder as a backup until I decide which way to go. What tranny do I want?
  5. dirtcowboy

He's out!

I took this guy to Johnson Valley and wrecked the crap out of him, it's taken almost 7 years to completely rebuild him. Got him aligned and am now removing grill, door handles, etc., etc., to get him painted.
  6. dirtcowboy

He's out!

Thanks man!
  7. dirtcowboy

He's out!

8. dirtcowboy

New job

Success! The install was stoopid simple and the muffler is OEM quiet. Not bad for $90. Biggest impediment was having to smoke the muffler bolts off, 2 minutes max, about an hour total time.
  9. dirtcowboy

New job

new exhaust is in I'll be damned, the pipes even got the correct bends! :icon_thumby:
  10. dirtcowboy

New job

The muffler, tailpipe, bolts and gasket are all shipped direct from Walker, for less than $100 with free shipping from Autozone. I'll give a review after installation.
  11. dirtcowboy

New job

I rebuilt this thing about 13 or 14 years ago, engine, new trans,(AGAIN), SOUP TO NUTS. after delivering mail for 3 months, thru the crap weather we have had, I am replacing the muffler and tailpipe as well as shocks, again.
  12. dirtcowboy

getting ready for the V8

I really enjoy your video log on the construction of Gilligan, thanks for posting them!:icon_thumby:
  13. dirtcowboy

New job

I retired in '14 from the BP and goofed off the first year, fishing, building stuff, whisky and cigars, the usual. Got bored so worked for the local Irrigation District, however, the scum baggery was staggering and after 23 years of .gov BS I opted out of that gig. The Post Office was looking...
  14. dirtcowboy

89 BII alignment issue

This Bii had a rancho 31/2 lift, slightly modified. The PO had installed 2" poly spacers in front and a combo of explorer springs, bell tech shackles and two 1" spacer blocks in the rear. This amalgam should have had approx. 5.5 inches of lift. I ordered a Skyjacker set of 6" drop brackets...
  15. dirtcowboy

Hitch

The Drawtite 65017 DOES NOT FIT A BII. Not even close. the Reese hitch mentioned DOES FIT THE FRONT OF A BII. One has to remove or re-engineer the anti sway bar but other than that it's a bolt on.