•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by duffy

1. D

SOLD! 1989 Bronco 2 for sale

Thanks, I couldn't figure out how to do it.
  2. D

SOLD! 1989 Bronco 2 for sale

1989 Bronco 2 for sale. ODO shows 86643, has many new parts: New radiator, electric fan conversion, heater core, water hoses, power steering pump, all tie rods, cat back exhaust, Explorer rear springs with new bushings, fuel pump/sending unit, 5 tires, windshield, headliner, fresh garage paint...
  3. D

23 Gallon Fuel Tank Sending Unit Location Question

I made an opening in my 89' when I needed to change the pump/sending unit. It's not too difficult but you need to measure carefully to get the location right. The panel I cut was 6x6.....I hinged it and put a backing plate around it so that it seals back up. Took about 2 hours total time (that...
  4. D

Could I swap an '06 explorer V6 into an '85 Bronco II

With enough money and skill you can put any motor in there.......the short answer is that it requires too much work. The early 90's 4.0's are OHV engines and pretty much drop right in (a little bit of wiring from what I read). The later 90's ones are SOHC's. The OHC's are the same block as the...
  5. D

1990 Bronco II low Range

Some times mine will not engage until I move the vehicle a bit......try again and put it in reverse. I'll venture that the light will come on.
  6. D

Just Looking For Some Experienced Thoughts

Well, it has the electronic symbol for a resistor imprinted on it but it looks like a fusible link. Maybe someone else has seen one.
  7. D

Got a fix for a weak factory 1989 Bronco II premium cassette player?

Open it up and clean the head with a cotton swab and isopropal alcohol..............after the cleaning use a magnifing glass to check for wear on the head surface. I bought a batch of three radios trying to get a good one. One has a good radio, the second has a good tape deck and the third one...
  8. D

What did you do to your Bronco today?

I had to replace the sending unit/pump on my 89' when I got it.....it had over 1/2 a tank of fuel according to my guess so I just did some measuring and layout for an access panel. I used the piece I cut out as the door and riveted some plain metal to the underside to keep the door from falling...
  9. D

Finally found a throttle body off an 87' 2.9L for my 89' (58mm vs 50mm). Cleaned it up and installed. Took for a test drive. My butt dyno says "maybe" a little HP gain but it sure does respond to throttle input more smoothly. I like it......
  10. D

I manufactured a vacuum canister for the cruise control (it wouldn't downshift the auto trans). Seems to work better but it will take more than an 8 mile trip to tell for sure.
  11. D

reserve indicator lamp Bronco II 1988

There is not one on my 89'....................
  12. D

'87 B2 2wd auto parting out

I'm looking for a 58mm throttle body if it's still on the engine.
  13. D

WTB.....86-87 58MM Throttle body.

What the title says.....I want to try a 58mm throttle body from a 86-87 2.9L............anybody have one they want to part with?
  14. D

A4LD problem.....

The vehicle had an external cooler when I got it. I doubt very seriously if I will run thru the warranty mileage before the time limit (18 month, 18K miles). I've had the vehicle over two years and only put 5K miles on it. It's a local run around sort of vehicle.