•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Hahnsb2

1. Hahnsb2

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

Ok, it was a little more than I thought, $280 for the MS2 kit (you have to solder the board, much like some of the stuff you did at work). The 8' harness is $67. A wideband is around $175, add in another $50ish for sensors and such. Tuning isn't too bad, there's quite a bit of info out there to...
  2. Hahnsb2

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

If you can do a 4.0/5.0/5.8 swap you can do MS wiring. Personally I don't like MAFs (the default MS setup is SD, but it can use a MAF), I think it's a finicky, expensive sensor that adds unneeded complexity to the intake. Tires still probably have about 5k left in them, I'll either buy them...
  3. Hahnsb2

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

Let her rest in peace! So yeah as I explained in my text I tried two different batteries (the one I swapped in was known to be dead but not exactly how) and tried starting it with a 200amp booster with no more than a half a revolution of cranking, so either both batteries are super dead...
  4. Hahnsb2

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

Mini spools put a lot of stress on the cross-pin and never unlock to relieve the stress. This is why a properly welded diff is encouraged over a mini spool, it transfers most of the force through the side gears welded to the carrier instead.
  5. Hahnsb2

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

Mini spool... It certainly wouldn't be the first.
  6. Hahnsb2

Woodys BII build-ish

Spy shot of Woody's driveway :thefinger:
  7. Hahnsb2

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

So I'm thinking about a SOHC swap and running it on Megasquirt to get around all the OBD2 bullshit...
  8. Hahnsb2

Woodys BII build-ish

Balanced tires are overrated.
  9. Hahnsb2

Woodys BII build-ish

Yeah we got the camber perfect after a few tries then set the toe, then drove it and it pulled to the right pretty bad, so we added some positive caster to the right side then screwed up the camber, messed with it a few more times and was able to get it almost dead nuts, still pulls a C-hair to...
  10. Hahnsb2

Woodys BII build-ish

That's the plan. The gearing is perfect, even with the 4.0 tranny.
  11. Hahnsb2

confusion regarding 4.0 swap into BII

I kept the 1st gen dash. The wire splicing was minimal, maybe 20-30 wires.
  12. Hahnsb2

1350M vs 1354M

The 1354 came about at the same time the D35 did, you won't find a factory D35 rig with a factory 1350 to my knowledge.
  13. Hahnsb2

Low Gas Mileage (B2)

Your estimate is useless. Do the calculations. The gas gauge is probably a ways off, even if it isn't, you cannot rely on a gas gauge for figuring out MPG.
  14. Hahnsb2

Woodys BII build-ish

Also I was just thinking, the pad thing that was on the beams was probably because Brian was running Jeep coils on his rig.
  15. Hahnsb2

85 bII gas mileage

With a 2.8, terrible. Even worse with 31s and stock gears. I wouldn't expect any more than 17 on the highway, 14 around town.