•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by JerryC

1. JerryC

Stalling / backfire right after startup

Check the ACT, Air Charge Temp sensor on the passenger side of the intake. It may be bad or just covered in goo.
  2. JerryC

It's not that the vac leak goes away, but that the 02 sensor sees it and calls for more fuel to fix the lean condition. When I got my current BII a few years ago it had several small vacuum leaks through dry rotted hoses and bushings. I found those and then later the upper intake gasket cracked...
  3. JerryC

Bronco sport aka Baby Bronco

My update. The BS I ordered 3/19 is built and the paint is fading in the Mexican desert. It was built on time but is missing a chip. so it has been sitting outside since 6/17 with a scheduled delivery date of 11/3 !!! I bought a 2021 used 4 Runner last week and I am waiting on it to be...
  4. JerryC

Thinking out loud... First five minutes bad, then good - open loop issue then 02 sensor warms up and goes into closed loop and can correct fuel issue. So where is the problem? bad temp sender (replaced but not new at this point) or TS wiring, vacuum leak, TPS issue (could maybe be carbon buildup...
  5. JerryC

kicked out of 4 low?

over at TRS https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/rebuilding-a-ford-transfer-case-shift-motor/
  6. JerryC

842.8, Holley Sniper fuel injecion system.

A guy on youtube just did this. A quick search should find it.
  7. JerryC

AL4D Does Not Shift When Cold

Glad you got it fixed.
  8. JerryC

ISO Rear window wiper assembly information

On my 88, nozzle is above the rear window. Tank is behind right taillight, there is a rubber plug there to cover the fill tube. I believe that the wiper arm is unique to the BII. 89/90 may be different. I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.
  9. JerryC

Getting there. W.I.P.

Looks Great!
  10. JerryC

AL4D Does Not Shift When Cold

Mine did that and it was the governor. They were hard to find, it took the trans shop a couple of weeks to find one. If you research online sometimes you can recondition them, that didn't work for the trans shop on my trans.
  11. JerryC

87 Bronco II Rear Diff ABS speed sensor

Posted this on your thread over at TRS as well, NAPA shows one. Part # : UP 530000
  12. JerryC

alternator amp output

I think mine came with a 40 or 45 amp. I did lots of looking around and the easiest solution was to get a 90 amp from autozone. The exact details are probably on here in a thread somewhere. It's a direct bolt on. Much more than that and you might have a problem with a single v-belt driving...
  13. JerryC

rear hatch striker bolts?

cruising ebay I saw this; Hatch Striker Bolt
  14. JerryC

Bronco sport aka Baby Bronco

I'm still waiting. Build date is 6/14. Plus up to another month for delivery. I'm not good at waiting...