•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by JRR1285

1. JRR1285

1984 Bronco II resurrection

Well it's an exciting day. I drove my Bronco for the first time ever and it's the first time it has moved under its own power in almost exactly 20 years. Drove it to the backyard and back a few times. Forgot how great the turning radius is on these things. Daughter loved riding in it.
  2. JRR1285

Hi, yes there has been and thank you for the compliment. Sorry for the delayed response. It is fully running but has not moved yet. I had the rear on jack stands for a long time until this past weekend. it is now sitting on some new cooper tires with some redone wheels that need a polish. Pics...
  3. JRR1285

Well some great news. Got the Bronco cranking tonight. I was jumping the starter relay but it cranks. Needs a better ground for the starter. That was the original issue back in November. Now I just need to finish wiring it up and can attempt the first run since the engine was pulled. Hopefully...
  4. JRR1285

My interior is actually tan. If I had kept some of the red interior I could have painted it with vinyl paint. Missed opportunities. As for an update: The Bronco has been moved to my house from my parents house. Having to travel to work on it was not going so well. A very generous coworker...
  5. JRR1285

Pic before putting the water pump back on. I wish I painted the carb spacer but I am running low on time. I am almost done putting it all back together and it will hopefully be running by this weekend. Had a very annoying issue with the Brake MC leaking out the back. This was a brand new unit...
  6. JRR1285

After years of being idle this project will finally begin again. I have had a lot of life changing events and the Bronco has been the least of my worries. Since I last posted we have purchased a house, welcomed our daughter into the world and I started a new job in about an 8 month span...
  7. JRR1285

Made some more progress. Managed to redo all of the valve stem seals today and I painted the valve covers and oil pan with gold duplicolor. Gold covers and pan. I plan on painting the engine block/heads black and intake a gray color. Air cleaner will probably be gold too. You can see the new...
  8. JRR1285

After nearly a year since starting this project, work on it has commenced again! I am in the process of further cleaning of the engine bay and addressing some of the rust issues on the passenger fender area. Here are a couple pics for now. Tomorrow I plan on degreasing the engine bay one...
  9. JRR1285

Little update: I finally got around to taking the intake and heads off and I found some rust in one of the cylinder bores from being upside down temporarily and water apparently making its way in. I have no intention of taking this block that far apart so I just used brass brushes and some...
  10. JRR1285

Thanks. He can't have it back but he's welcome to use it! Yeah everything is back to normal after the accident. She got a nice new Honda Civic and we didn't have any fault in the accident so it's kind of a good thing. I was planning on dropping the oil pan on the car that got totaled because it...
  11. JRR1285

My progress had slowed down due to waiting on a few miscellaneous things and bad weather. Then, this passed Sunday while coming home from the store in my wife's car, we were waiting to turn off the road and were rear ended buy an '05 Durango. He was going about 30-40 MPH and her car was totaled...
  12. JRR1285

Continuing my work, I managed to clean up the engine bay. I had already removed all of the vacuum lines and coffee can and I'm down to just the wires for the A/C and the sending units among the other essentials. Going to finish cleaning it up and then paint it semi-gloss black. Mostly...
  13. JRR1285

super slow 87 bronco 2 build

That's a really nice Bronco II. I plan on doing the 4.0 swap once the 2.8 in my '84 gives up.
  14. JRR1285

That's pretty much the way it went haha. I already had two sets of replacements from other members ready to be purchased when I found them. It was right in plain sight on a shelf in a box of other junk. The "extra" parts are missing (smog pump and related stuff) but I'm not as upset about that...
  15. JRR1285

Thankfully I was able to locate the missing parts and everything will keep moving along as planned. Just lost the majority of the day looking for them.