•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by ksum25

1. K

My 88 Bronco II

I was out by big pine flats close to Big Bear
  2. K

My 88 Bronco II

I installed the explorer 8.8 with 4:88 gears with locker and Dana 35 front with 4:88 and locker with Warn hubs. I love this truck now
  3. K

88 Bronco II

I bought a new compressor, Orifice tube, and drier and was wondering what type of oil to use. The parts were brought from rock-auto and the instructions with the compressor don't say what type and how much oil to use. I have the 2.9 v6.
  4. K

Flipped bii pictures

After seeing all the pictures, I've decided to start a cage for a little more protection just in case I roll over
  5. K

85 front clip on 90 BII?

I have a 88 BII and when I bought it the front end was smashed up. I was given a 81 or 82 BII and switched out the steering gearbox along with the front brakes and the whole front inner fenders. The only mod I did was to weld up was the radiator support at the bottom for the newer style radiator...
  6. K

Driveshaft CV Boot

You can buy the boot from summitracing.com http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PCN-8475/Application/?query=Year|1988|Make|FORD|Model|BRONCO+II|CV+Boot+Position|Driveshaft+rear+axle+end|Drivetrain|4WD
  7. K

88' Fuel Filter

My 88 Bronco II has nothing inside. It was a pain to put back with the o-ring.
  8. K

rear drive shaft

Well the CV driveshaft held up but the boots are what went out causing a huge mess. Soon as I hit the first dip in the road I felt a pop and upon inspection the boots were torn from getting pinched. Being that it happend on the road I did not want to get stranded while out in the middle of...
  9. K

rear drive shaft

I have a 88 BII that had the CV type driveshaft. I installed a 2" block in the rear and the driveshaft blew out just taking it around the block. I went to the junk yard and pulled a driveshaft off a 85 or so bronco II along with the yoke off the transfercase and it bolted up with no problems.
  10. K

front end popping!!! WHY???

Pull the back of the radius arm bushing off and take a look at the bracket. I found on my Bronco II the old owner had a worn bushing on the pass side at some time. I installed new bushings but the pass side was still moving up and down due to the radius arm bracket all worn out. The radius arm...