•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by NETX_S4

1. N

Reassembing 2.9 - silicon/gasket question

After months of teardown and cleanup, I finally started putting the 2.9 from my 88 BII back together this weekend. As I was pulling everything apart, I noticed a lot of silicone between the gaskets and mating surfaces, but the shop manuals don't mention using anything other than a new gasket...
  2. N

87 Donor parting out

I'm looking for blue interior armrests/pull handles (both doors) and exterior fender badges if you still have them
  3. N

Exhaust Manifold Bolts - what size and material to buy?

Looks like each of these come in packs of 25. Are you not able to order individual quantities? I will be reinstalling everything on my block before too long, and only 4 of my original bolts broke when they were coming out. Do the others need to be replaced anyway, like the head bolts?
  4. N

Reuse or replace rocker arms?

Thank you all for your responses. I'll clean them up and hope for the best!
  5. N

Anyone know where I can find this tool?
  6. N

I'm about midway through rebuilding a 2.9 from an 88 B2 that seized from rust in the cylinders after being parked for about 8 years. There is some surface rust on some of the rocker arms. Can I clean up the rust, make sure all the contact points are clean and smooth, and reuse them, or do they...
  7. N

Size Questions - ordering engine rebuild kit

I did look at the specs in the Chilton manual, but didn't see exactly what I was looking for. To be honest, it's probably there and I'm just overlooking it. This is my first engine build/rebuild, so I'm taking it slow and learning as I go. I did double-check the bearings and found they both...
  8. N

Size Questions - ordering engine rebuild kit

I finally have my 88 B2 engine torn down and mostly cleaned up, and am about to order a rebuild kit. I originally planned to order standard sized components unless a rebore was required, but discovered the existing engine was a rebuild so I'm not sure what I'm working with. Main bearings, rod...
  9. N

Oil Level Sensor wire removal?

FYI, I got it out. Just needed to get a better angle on it (and probably cleaning up some of the crud helped) and it popped right out. I was probably being a little too gentle with it before when I wasn't sure what I was dealing with. I'm really trying not to break any of these connectors as...
  10. N

1 Ton cherry picker?

Will the 1-ton Cherry Picker from Harbor Freight provide enough capacity and clearance to get a B2 engine out of the bay, or do you need the 2-ton?
  11. N

I think I got the one you're talking about. This is a straight wire with a cylindrical end that is inserted into a hole in the sensor. I did some additional digging, and it looks like it is held in place by a snap spring that I couldn't see (probably covered up with muck). Hopefully I can get...
  12. N

I'm trying to pull all the wires from the engine on an 88 B2 in preparation to pull it out (it's seized up), but this one is giving me trouble. It's on the driver's side of the oil pan, and seems to be integrated with the sensor. There is no apparent plug, release clips, etc. Steps for...