•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by PetesPonies

1. P

Rear bumper, non step

Need a read bumper that is the non step version. I had one on my '84 long ago, and need to find another. Chrome condition is not a concern. Help
  2. P

Help: duraspark conversion

You probably only got small amount too . . as a coil will discharge whenever it can. Conditions outside a cylinder are easier an arc to happen, so you probably didn't get it's full charge :)
  3. P

I use the stock TFI coil with the GM HEI module and it is fine.
  4. P

I did the Duraspark conversion on my '84 a few years ago. When I switched engines ( V8 ) i kept it. It has worked great. But I used a GM HEI module along with the Duraspark distributor. $19 and works better than the stock box IMO.
  5. P

Gas in oil....dipstick smells of gas

Leaky needle and seat will allow the fuel level to be too high in the carburetor. It will drip when turned off. It can puddle in the intake or sometimes make it into the intake port. From there, it washing down the cylinder into the pan. But most times, I would say a bad fuel pump would be the...
  6. P

Another Duraspark question

I run a GM HEI module. When I changed engines to a V8, I used a Duraspark distributor and hooked it back to the same HEI module. It's been great and only cost $15.
  7. P

Those distributors have jumped up about $20 since I last bought one.
  8. P

You can get a rebuilt distributor for a 2.8 Mustang at a parts store. They aren't that expensive and it is rebuilt.
  9. P

CEL Code Help

Yes, on engines with distributors, then PIP is generated at the stator in the distributor. But on engines that are distributorless, it is at the crank sensor. That being said, just because you have a PIP code doesn't mean the crank sensor is bad. Sometime in the past a PIP signal could have been...
  10. P

1983 bronco II what is this noise

When aftermarket parts books are made, there are many mistakes; many!! This is just one of them. Some person copying data that has never had an dirt in his fingernails.
  11. P

you are correct, the 2.8 and the never seen diesel.
  12. P

And why do you keep referring to it as an '83?? 1984 was the first model year. Whether yours was built in the last part of 1983 or not, doesn't make it an '83.
  13. P

Trust me, 15 lbs at idle is fine. That's why I told you this . . . see sig
  14. P

15lbs of pressure is fine at idle.
  15. P

'85 BII Vacuum

You are right on Kim