•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by R£D*R£APER

1. R£D*R£APER

Clutch master bleed trouble

Hell yeah brother. Glad you got it back up and running. Thats the weight of the world off your shoulders. Sucks having vehicle trouble. Hope you get a good run before anything else pops up on you. Good luck to you and hope to hear from you soon.. Hopefully upgrades as opposed to fixing...
  2. R£D*R£APER

Fkrst of all, Im no master mechanic. BUT Damn man. I hoped you'd figured this out. You've gotta have air trapped or air getting in. Given the fact it kind of drives immediately after bleeding it sounds like it is letting air in. Did your new hydraulic line come with new o-rings? How...
  3. R£D*R£APER

'88 Bronco II highway speed death wobble / steering upgrades

Your B2 is sweet. Ultimately I'd love to get mine looking that nice. If only money just duplicated itself. The interior is really nice and the grill is sick. I have an 85. The day I picked it up I hopped on the highway and almost died when I tapped the brakes at 75 MPH. My wife and kids...
  4. R£D*R£APER

I have an 85 and just replaced all clutch hydraulic components. I have read these are a real pain because of how the master is oriented on the firewall. So I took all the advice I had read and bled the system every way I could and it worked out just fine. I bled it at an opposing angle...
  5. R£D*R£APER

85 B2 Suspension Questions

Greetings, I want to replace my coil springs, they're original. I'd like to get a bit of height out of it while I'm at it. I have a buddy that did this with his ranger and he said he had to hack the original bolts and modify a new one. My vehicle has very little rust and I'd like to keep it...
  6. R£D*R£APER

1985 B2 - Toyo Kogyo 5 Speed Manual - Shifter

Thanks for the reply sir.
  7. R£D*R£APER

1985 B2 - Toyo Kogyo 5 Speed Manual - Shifter

Hoping somebody with experience can help me out. I recently replaced the clutch (and everything else on the way in) and was hoping to replace the shifter. The little rubber bushing at the base is a bit torn up. I have attempted to find a replacement but haven't had luck finding something that...
  8. R£D*R£APER

85' BII Slave Cylinder / Line Fitment..

Greetings, I replaced my slave cylinder and for some reason the hydraulic line won't seat properly into the slave and i cannot get the cotter pin to fully insert and secure the line. As far as I know the line itself is stock so I figured defective or maybe wrong part. Bought a different brand...
  9. R£D*R£APER

Just Looking For Some Experienced Thoughts

Thank you for the reply. I actually just figured that out. Wish I had seen your message sooner. I've been messing with it for the last couple hours. I pulled out the multimeter and it had no continuity so I figured it was a lost cause but soldered new wires on and glued it all back together...
  10. R£D*R£APER

Just Looking For Some Experienced Thoughts

Greetings, I have been doing work on my 85 B2. While under the hood I heard a thud. Looked down and saw this black thing with wires going into both sides. Looks like a fuse of some sort. I haven't had the chance to trace back wires to find what's running through it. I intend to but I was...
  11. R£D*R£APER

FNG Needs a little advice

Dam floored... You're not a mechanic? You'd never guess with all the knowledge you have. Thank you again sir.. I appreciate you taking the time to go over this for me.. And no worries.. I am not the type to try and hold somebody responsible for my failure in a project they were just trying...
  12. R£D*R£APER

The post yesterday was probably me... But I added pictures with the hope it would help identify a definitive gasket/seal.. Thanks again floored.. I appreciate your help and patience with my novice questions.. I didn't think manual transmissions had a dipstick in general but my 1980 saab...
  13. R£D*R£APER

Dont mean to bombard the forum crew with questions but this one is something is quite pressing.. I still have to get my emissions done and have a feeling this missing hose may affect the results.. It appears there was a hose at one point going from the intake to this open pipe down lower...
  14. R£D*R£APER

Leaking from my rear... At first I thought it was coming from the rear differential cover until I climbed under and got a close look... It appears to be coming from where the drive shaft meets up with it.. Any ideas on what is going on and what needs to be replaced or resealed? Again any...
  15. R£D*R£APER

Good afternoon gentlemen, (and ladies, I am assuming there are some among the crowd) I have noticed a couple small leaks since I purchased my B2... I am looking for some help as I am no mechanic. First I'd like somebody to help me identify what exactly it is that's leaking if possible.. AND...