•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by richard booth

1. R

m5od swap slave cylinder fitting question

Ok, so I am doing an a4ld to m5od swap in an 88 B2 and I have a nice steel braided line from the master to the slave but the trans is a 93 explorer and the slave fitting is different (earlier I believe, the black one), my question is can I get the earlier fitting for the 93 slave cyl? The custom...
  2. R

Brake bleed issue w non AL diff swap?

I got a nice ls diff w/o anti lock which my original diff had. It was a ranger stx one I got for 60 bucks w the same gear ratio and after replacing all the brakes and hydraulics, hoses etc the pedal is soft on top? Bled it a lot and I am curious if there is an issue w now not having the ls plug...
  3. R

fuel pump works sometimes and doesnt others.

The fuel pump on my B2 was not always working so I replaced them both. worked ok for a few weeks then it would not start and it was obvious it was the fuel pump because it did not make any sound. Go back later and it would work? I tried the cut off switch and it seemed fine, is there a relay or...
  4. R

steering link possibilities for B2

Question is what year ranger or explorer steering links will work in my 88 B2? I can get much newer ones on the cheap from the jy but I want to get the newest one that will work. Will a 95 explorer set fit my 88 B2, how about 00 ranger 4x4? Thanks for any input.
  5. R

Parking Brake Light

I know you are supposed to change it every 4 years to keep the system in the best condition.
  6. R

Rear drive shaft

Spicer joints are best, bronco graveyard sells them for best price I found. I would get 10 dollar ones for spares, but if you make sure they stay lubed they live a reasonable service life.
  7. R

93 m5od to 88 B2 clutch line?

Thanks for input, I got a line from a 93 that was gold color. Gold on gold was the answer, had to slightly bend the steel end and everything went together sweet and after about a half hour of my wife pushing the pedal to bleed it completely we are good. the black end on post 94 lines wont fit...
  8. R

93 m5od to 88 B2 clutch line?

I just did an a4ld auto to M5od swap and I went to hook up the hydraulic line and it would not fit? I got a clutch line from an explorer that I think was a 94 or 95 and the connector wouldn't fit. which line will fit? do I need a 93 line only? I really hope I don't have to pull the trans out and...
  9. R

auto to 5 spd gasket question

I am using the 4.0 clutch, I couldn't find it in the tech section so I will look more, thanks for the input.
  10. R

auto to 5 spd gasket question

I have got everything almost ready to complete the a4ld to m5od swap, question is that I do not have the 5 speed metal gasket that goes between the trans and block. Can I modify the auto one to work or do I need to go pull a trans at the jy to get a 5 speed one?
  11. R

My 1990 B2 intro

How many miles are on it? Check the torque on the intake, do the valve cover gaskets and steam clean it so any leaks are easy to spot. Having the injectors done at a reputable injector place always improves performance. I always wait like 5 seconds w/ key in run position to let fuel pressure...
  12. R

ECM compatibility?

I am doing an auto to m5od swap and a counter guy at my local jy said it is somewhat specific when swapping ECMs. I am doing an 88 so my question is what years will work? is there a certain range or is it a number thing? Thanks for experienced help.
  13. R

Getting another B2?

How clean is the body? And how much work do you want to put into it? If the body is clean and it runs ok it sounds like a steal. It has a 7.5 rear w a limited slip most likely and a d28 up front. The miles aren't bad if it has been well maintained but oil leaks can be a bit of work especially if...
  14. R

thinking of switching auto to manual.

Manual, adsm08 is dead on, the "no pan" 5speed is the Mazda that Ford used for 1/2 ton apps and lots more. I just got one and am in the middle of the swap myself.
  15. R

4 inch lift kit instalation

I just did a skyjacker lift on mine, I prefer using a sawzall to cut the rivets off then a punch to knock them out, the penetrating oil tip is important and Winston Churchills words "we shall go on to the end, we shall never surrender" Hope it goes smoothly.