•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by superds

1. superds

84 BII with 96 Explorer 5.0

To continue following along, please see this thread: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151583
  2. superds

I look back at my original dates that I started this four years ago and it's pretty silly how long it's taking me to do this. A couple months ago I got the original engine and tranny removed. And this past week, I got the 85+ fuel tank installed with the fuel lines from a 90 Ranger supercab...
  3. superds

Well, only a few weeks later from my first post and I'm almost ready to take the engine out. Life has gotten in the way of this swap and it's sat in the shop for too long. I have replaced both the front and rear axles with Dana 35 and Explorer 8.8, though. And I've also stripped the floor...
  4. superds

Sorry for the late response but I recommend using the stock 87 pump setup, it should be adequate for 5.0 use. The later 89-90 Bii pump is very expensive compared to the 87 pump. I looked at that option too and decided to stick with the 87 style tank and pump (well, technically mine will be...
  5. superds

Well, I checked a few auto parts stores, none had an 87 BII fuel pump hanger available locally but they did have an 87 fuel pump so I compared it to the 90 Ranger pump and it looks like the 90 pump is a bit longer but I think it will work in the 87 hanger so I'm going to order an 87 hanger and...
  6. superds

Well, the bad news is there's no way a '90 Ranger Fuel pump sending unit will fit on an 84 BII tank. So, I'll need to get an 85-90 tank to go with an 87 sending unit and 90 pump...hopefully all that will fit together and store and deliver fuel for my engine swap.
  7. superds

I think we're thinking the same thing. I might make a trip to the auto parts store and pick up a few things, at least if it doesn't work out I can return what I don't need. I usually buy auto parts on the internet and save a load of cash but returning stuff is not nearly as easy!
  8. superds

I wonder if I could use an 86-88 Fuel Pump Hanger Assembly Unit with a 90 pump swapped in?
  9. superds

Hmm...I'm seeing now this one only is only 6 psi, I would need an external pump to augment this one, something I'd rather not do. Ideally, I'd have one pump that would provide the pressure I need, more simple to put together/work on and fewer parts need to be purchased.
  10. superds

So, a fuel pump like this one: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=59656&cc=1106176 made for an 88 Bronco II should fit on my 84 tank and match my fuel level gage resistance?
  11. superds

Anyone know the difference between the 84 and 86 fuel pumps? Could I fit an 86-90 fuel pump on my 84 tank to make that work for at least part of the fuel system?
  12. superds

Any suggestions on how best to build a fuel delivery system for a 96 Explorer 5.0 in a vehicle originally built with a carb?
  13. superds

In a few weeks I will be starting my V8 swap on my 84 BII. I have a 5.0 from a 96 Explorer that I parted out with most of engine related components I thought I would need when I originally intended on putting this in my 90 Ranger, which I'm now parting out due to too many project vehicles, not...
  14. superds

Could I convert from Carbed to FI?

Search around in the tech library and on the forums for a 2.8 TBI swap from a GM vehicle. A few on trs have done it and are very pleased with the results. That would probably be the easiest way to get fuel injection on your 2.8.
  15. superds

2.8 alternator upgrade????

Old thread I know, but I wanted to share what I did on my '84 BII with a 2.8 a few months back. I don't know if I got this idea from wildbill's post or if I saw this elsewhere but I sourced a GM alternator spec'd for around an 84 Chevy pickup/suburban, 78 Amp for $61 shipped from amazon, no...