•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by tw205

1. tw205

89 bronco II idling/running rough

I wouldn't depend on a new AIT being a good AIT. Have you disconnected it while running? Ohms test the sensor when at room temp then heat it with a hair dryer or heat gun and check resistance again. Should change, if not, bad sensor. How's the timing? Spout plugged in?
  2. tw205

Bad Clutch Questions 1990 Bronco II

If the clutch was stuck in engaged position you would not be able to push the pedal. Pressing the padal closes the port to the reservoir so fluid can only flow to the slave. If slave is engaged then fluid cant flow causing no pedal movement .
  3. tw205

Bad Clutch Questions 1990 Bronco II

Sounds more like a transmission or transfer case problem. Engine off, in gear, brake off, will the truck roll if pushed or pulled?
  4. tw205

HELP I can’t identify this part

That is definitely the fuel pump.
  5. tw205

1988 Bronco II clutch issue

I would be suspect of the slave cylinder. I had one act similar and eventually it froze on the shaft.
  6. tw205

1988 Bronco II no start

A noid light will be able to determine if injectors are getting pulse to fire, but can't confirm if inector is working.
  7. tw205

1988 Bronco II no start

Have you tried starting fluid? If it start with starting fluid then it's a fuel issue. You should get 34 to 40 lbs key on. Auto parts store will have pressure guage.
  8. tw205

Need tips on how to install wheel caps on 4x4 Bronco II

There will not be enough space between the rim and the brake drum. Factory had a friction nut in a factory drilled hole on the rim. Used short 3/8" screws. Do you have the rims made for those caps?
  9. tw205

Driver side seat belt

No. Passenger side is different from the driver side due to the fold and tumble mechanism to allow more movement and access to the rear seats.
  10. tw205

1988 Bronco II no start

Looks like the temp sending unit. Top of the thermostat housing.
  11. tw205

1988 Bronco II no start

Sounds like you got a plan. Fuel sounds right.
  12. tw205

Wiring center console.

Looking in my Haynes manual is see the headlight circuit is different for vehicles with lamp out indicator. There we are in-line resistor wires that dont exhist on vehicles without. You may need the harness from the doner rig.
  13. tw205

Wiring center console.

I went to therangerstation.com to see if the tech section had any info. It says the display console was available in the BII 84 thru 90. This is the one you have yes I don't see any schematics for it. Some of the guys over there have loads of info and may be able to help you more than me.
  14. tw205

Wiring center console.

That may be the issue. Do you know what year the rig was you got if from.
  15. tw205

1988 Bronco II no start

Stick to basics. Fuel spark and air. Are you sure it's a spark issue?