•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

89 B2 Emblems

southpaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronoc II
Recently bought an 89 B2 as something to work on and take road trips with. It's had some exterior customization and it's kind of been my goal to get it back to more of a factory look.

One part of that is reapplying the emblems. I got the 89/90 emblems off of ebay but I can't quite figure out how to apply them. There's a small nub on the back of each one that seems like it should fit into a hole in the fender but there are no holes. Should I just shave these nubs off, or did the previous owner just do a really good job of Bondo-ing over the holes before the custom paint job...meaning I have to find them and drill them back in? Any insight is appreciated!

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
On my 89' XLT each fender emblem has two nubs on the back....one larger in diameter than the other. There are corresponding holes in the fender for alignment purposes. They are physically held on by two sided emblem tape. Mine are currently off due to paint prep so if you would like a few pics just let me know and provide a phone # and I'll text you some.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Mine had the holes filled in. I cut the nubs off and just used the tape.

southpaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronoc II
Thanks, Jerry and Duffy. This confirms my suspicions. If I can get under there and find where the holes were Bondo-ed I might try to punch them back out, otherwise I'll just do what Jerry did.

southpaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronoc II
@JerryC or @duffy I should have asked earlier, would either of you be able to give me the measurements for the placement? Either the measurement for where the filled in holes were or where the B starts. I'm a stickler for stock accuracy and would love to get it right. Thanks!

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
@JerryC or @duffy I should have asked earlier, would either of you be able to give me the measurements for the placement? Either the measurement for where the filled in holes were or where the B starts. I'm a stickler for stock accuracy and would love to get it right. Thanks!

Got a phone number (easier to text pics than trying to post here) and I'll take some pics with a tape measure in the pic........

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Pics sent......