•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Working plan for 87 B2

Chibachow

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Hello all!
I’ve had my 87 B2 for about ten years now. I had to swap vehicles with my folks when my son was born (ex wife already had two kids and five won’t fit in the bronco). It started having some transmission issues, but my dads getting that fixed for me.
I am, however, planning to fix it up so I can start using it again. I know it’s going to need a decent amount of work. Any advice will be welcome on what to do or where to get parts, or ideas to implement.
  1. floor is cracked where seats mounted, passenger side had rusted through. I’ve cleaned up the rust and painted it, but I need to patch it up. Any recommendation on that?
  2. it has auto locks and windows. I went through enough used motors, so I’m wanting to buy new ones. I’ve seen song on rock auto and lmc.
  3. Doors. This seems like it’s going to be hardest part for me. I need to replace the driver door and the lift gate is pretty busted. I’d like to find the same style as what I have, with the vent windows, but no luck. I’ve heard/read that early 90s ranger and explorer doors will work. Can anyone confirm this? Lift gate I’ve done fiberglass repairs before, and think I’ll have to for mine.
  4. interior: I need new seats, dash, carpet and headliner. I’ve read some stuff people posted for these. Front seats don’t sit right, they were out of an F150. Rear seats are good though. Interior has been replaced from several bronco and ranger, so I have a few shades of blue, gray and red. Again, understand that the 90s ranger and explorer will work as donors for these?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I replaced my 89' 60/40 seats using some from a Ranger. All I had to do is swap rails. The headliner is a PITA to recover, be very careful as it is "fragile". The plastic parts can all be painted with vinyl paint to the same color (I did the interior on a 77' F250 once).