•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Uncle Gump

Mystery spring in driver's side door latch. (1990 w/power locks)

No... they shouldn't automatically lock. That would spell disaster and lock keys in the vehicle. Been awhile since I've looked at one of these latches... so I just can't help much.
  2. Uncle Gump

1990 Bronco II Driveway Restoration, video series.

I'll be following along...
  3. Uncle Gump

2.8l with sniper efi pros cons

The factory fuel and ignition systems on the 2.8L have a lot to be desired. Most common upgrades are Duraspark ignition and an appropriate sized 2100 carb. The thought of a reliable fuel injection system with a proper ignition system sounds like a great idea. I'm just not sure about the...
  4. Uncle Gump

Out with the old...

I feel your pain...
  5. Uncle Gump

Intake vaccum

PCV should go in the valve cover... then connected to manifold vacuum source. The opposite valve cover should have a breather to allow fresh air into the engine.
  6. Uncle Gump

Out with the old...

That one looks worth keeping...
  7. Uncle Gump

Clutch position. Too close to brake?

Maybe change outta yer clown shoes before driving? Kidding of course... That looks like factory spacing. I know with my winter boots it's kinda tight.
  8. Uncle Gump

Thumping noise coming from front passenger side

Glad you have it figured out...
  9. Uncle Gump

I think we may be onto something here. Typically a missing anti rattle clip won't cause a consistent rattle with speed in my experience... but it could. Before doing anything else... you should inspect and ensure that clip is on the inner pad as @tw205 stated.
  10. Uncle Gump

So the noise is consistent with wheel speed? Meaning it's constant and increases?
  11. Uncle Gump

Kinda sounds like a loose brake pad to me. I say that because you say the noise goes away when applying the brakes.
  12. Uncle Gump

Looking for drivers seat

I'm not completely sure... but the driver seat of a 60/40 split bench can be modified by pulling the cover back and cutting the "20" portion out of the center. Several videos on the tube... search 60/40 bench seat mod.
  13. Uncle Gump

Searching for center console with arm rest

I was in the same boat... but I'm not a big fan of the Bronco II or Ranger consoles. I also wanted a bit of security. I opted for a Tuffy console. They have an 8 inch wide that is really snug. I went with their 6 1/2 inch wide version. They don't give them away but it is a really robust unit...
  14. Uncle Gump

Looking for the xls bottom trim panels

I've tried getting some of those folks to participate here... typically short lived. @tw205 does a good job here... and I'm thankful for it.
  15. Uncle Gump

Yeah... shame honestly. I'd like to see this place pick up some traffic.
  16. Uncle Gump

Well I didn't have the parts... or know where to send you. I did look at Jim's build thread for the xls Bronco II he just painted. But he put them back on.
  17. Uncle Gump

1987 B2 2.9 V6 fuel injector...

Here is the rest of the ignition schematics. If you can't get continuity on that wire... it's likely open.
  18. Uncle Gump

1985 Bronco 2 - Sitting and Starting

Sounds like the battery is low. Try jump starting it. Dirty cable connections will also yield similar results. Ensure cable ends are clean and tight.
  19. Uncle Gump

I sure wouldn't think so... Being you know nothing about it... I'd be looking for a replacement.
  20. Uncle Gump

Wiring diagrams as promised...