•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Original_Ranger84

Lights?

The wally world/autozone ones aren't terribly good though and you are limited to 55w bulbs because the 100w will start to melt or warp the housings.
  2. Original_Ranger84

M5OD Sloppy Shifter

With the 86 I would imagine you have a Mitsubishi FM145 or FM146 but there is the possibility of having the Mazda TK4 or TK5. They use a nylon ball on the end of the shifter.
  3. Original_Ranger84

Squealing belt?

Try getting a really lotiony soap like a bar of dove and hold it against the belt while its running on both sides, if the belt or the contact point for the belt on the pulleys is to blame then the squeak should go away becuase the soap is lubing it (it may just reduce the sound as well) but the...
  4. Original_Ranger84

Squealing belt?

How about the Power steering or Alternator pulleys? There could be a problem with them or the bearings associated with them. Also was there belt dressing sprayed on at any point in time that may not have gotten cleaned off? Also I am assuming this is a serp belt and not v belts?
  5. Original_Ranger84

Explorer Leaf Springs.

Well that sounds cheap to me.... I got mine for 65 buck a piece or like 130 from a pick and pull yard and that was the cheapest i could find them. The local dealer wanted 300 a piece and an offroad shop wanted almost 500 a piece.... But I also live in alaska I guess.
  6. Original_Ranger84

converting to 4wd

Yes you should be able to just swap them in however you will probably have to swap the engine crossmembers as well for the front axle.
  7. Original_Ranger84

94 Explorer 44 trouble?

What year is the explorer and what type of transmission, tcase does the explorer have in it?
  8. Original_Ranger84

Blowing front hubs!

yeah i think if you have the d35 the Jeep hubs are larger and stronger. if you still break them it may be time to step up to a bigger axle.
  9. Original_Ranger84

Holy rotting metal Batman!

Gotta love Alaska, I get so much more done in the summer time its insane. I was driving to anchorage last summer at like 2am and it just started getting dark and by 3am it was getting light again.
  10. Original_Ranger84

Holy rotting metal Batman!

If only I could find an explorer for that much, I need one for my old ranger for a motor swap, They all have bad motors or trannies and perfect bodies...
  11. Original_Ranger84

tk5 tranny..........what type of fluid??

I'd just fill it through the filler hole until it comes out, then plug it up and run it around for a little while then pull the plug and check it again.
  12. Original_Ranger84

tk5 tranny..........what type of fluid??

Yep you put in 80/90 weight or whatever it is. I think I used 85/90 RP when I rebuilt mine... The transfer case and newer Mazda M5OD transmissions take ATF.
  13. Original_Ranger84

paint restoration

For the oxidation I would just wash and wax it regularly and use oxidation remover in between.
  14. Original_Ranger84

cold ride

Yep change back to a 190 - 200 thermostat. Running a 180 thermostat will keep the engine cooler and allow better power. But a hotter thermostat is what was put in by factory. How long does the truck take to warm up? are you positive you got all of the air out of the system?
  15. Original_Ranger84

Fairbanks AK, North pole, Eileson?

Thats the one! :icon_twisted: Anyone know why this page changes the layout?Like normally its blue and stuff but this one is red/black.
  16. Original_Ranger84

Hehe sorry For some reason I thought you were the OP. The TRS banner is something they thought up this summer where there is a banner was sent to the east coast to get signed by memebers and they drive to meet other members who sign it and take it to other memebers, its like a relay race accross...
  17. Original_Ranger84

Well my house well parents house I guess... Is up on Diamond Ridge by the Radio Tower. No I ment to but never had a chance to get out to the spit. That would be Sweet! Are you in Anchorage or still up by Delta Junction? Hey man, Yeah it would be fun to meet some other TRS members up here...
  18. Original_Ranger84

Well in Homer break up starts around april, And up on the hill where we live it starts in may. Not sure about anchorage or fairbanks though...
  19. Original_Ranger84

WHAT? break up in 6 weeks? I don't think so... maybe around 9 :P