•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

no prob...I've got other vehicles to drive and it makes it around town just fine as long as I charge the battery every couple days.
  2. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

I guess the other part of what I'm struggling with is that usually when I go through this it's some sort of classic car with more market value. With this thing, I could very easily have $3000+ in it just to get it in good shape but still 100% stock. And it's not something I plan on keeping...
  3. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

Oh and just for the record I won't be scrapping it...just selling it to someone with more spare time to work on it than I have.
  4. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

i have the skill, just not the time. I have a career that demands long hours during the week and an old house that needs some fixing up before I can sell it to downsize so the wife can quit working when we reproduce. This isn't my first rodeo, I've always had old cars, many much older than a...
  5. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

might take you up on that. How much would you want for it? I've got a buddy whose gf lives in Stillwater and he goes down to visit her about every other week, might have him pick it up from you if he's down there next weekend.
  6. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

LOL the alternator just went out. Cutting my losses, gonna quit shooting for "excellent" mechanical condition and just going for "runs". Fortunately I have a second Bronco II that is in much better mechanical condition, but poorer cosmetically that I can drive after I sell this one and before...
  7. LittleHorse

A4LD pan 2WD vs 4WD

My '90 Bronco II 4WD has a pan with a damaged gasket surface. I have a pan from a 2WD - it's shallow without the clearance for the plastic filter extension. I also have a new filter from a 2WD without the plastic extension. Is there any harm that could come from isntalling the 2WD filter and...
  8. LittleHorse

10 mpgs???

mines also accompanied by stumbling, bucking, and no power.
  9. LittleHorse

10 mpgs???

mine used to get about 20 then it dropped to 16...still working on it, getting close to setting fire to it. Don't worry, I have liability only so no fraud involved. Just a sweet explosion.
  10. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

perfect...so after replacing the power steering pump and leak checking it in the garage last night, it started leaking again on the way to work this morning. Pressure line connection, good steady drip about 1.5 per second. I would have thought a leak that big would have started when I ran it and...
  11. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

eh, it won't go to the scrapper. The interior is almost perfect and the body is straight, A/C works, etc. Once I get the engine running right and the new shocks put on I shouldn't have any trouble selling it.
  12. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

I hate debt and pay cash when I can, but fortunately my bank periodically has low interest rate promotions if you do a short term and make your payments with direct withdrawal. I have a 3.9% rate on my '05 TJ, by the end of the loan it'll end up costing me an extra $1000, but by that time I bet...
  13. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

oh this just keeps getting better. So for a while I've had a leaking shaft seal on the power steering pump. It's of course made a mess of that entire side of the engine bay. Then I started hearing a knocking noise in the front suspension on bumps. So I look under there and, most likely due to...
  14. LittleHorse

Question about jeep front axels

if you're going with Jeep axles, I know probably a more expensive option but maybe worth it...get a D44 out of a TJ Wrangler Rubicon. They all come with 4.10 gears and a selectable air locker, WMS to WMS is 60.5". JK Rubicons have electric lockers but I think are quite a bit wider.
  15. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

so here we are more than a year later and I've put about 9,000 unpleasant miles on this thing. It's always been turd slow, but a several months ago it started bucking, got even slower, and seems to lose power when I pass a certain threshold of throttle. Replaced the fuel filter, again, and...
  16. LittleHorse

Swapping Electric T_Case.

The TK4 is about 5 inches shorter than the M5OD, so you'll need to find a front driveshaft from a 1350/M5OD truck - probably around '88-89 and some '90 models. The rear output may change too, I think the flange is larger on the later models so you may need to take the output flange off your...
  17. LittleHorse

Whats so bad about an auto transfer case?

the backing up to deactivate is for the hubs, not the t-case. You're welcome to put the manual 1350 into your explorer but you'll still have to back up to unlock the hubs. (if you need a set of manual hubs and the conversion kit, I've got them listed in the classified section) As for the...
  18. LittleHorse

what would you check next?

Here's the situation: '90 Bronco II, 2.9 manual trans Has been very low on power since I bought it a year ago. Can't make it up even slight-moderate hills without losing significant speed or downshifting to fourth. It also has to be cranked for about 3 full seconds before it starts, as long as...
  19. LittleHorse

buying individual parts for a lift kit?

I bet James Duff would do it, can't say for sure about anyone else but I don't have any reason to believe anybody wouldn't work with you on something like that.
  20. LittleHorse

AOD/AODE/4R70W experts

meh I think I'm just gonna use the NP208 and notch the frame. I had seen where someone was using a 1356 and had to completely cut the bottom lip off the frame and still scoot the drivetrain to the right by 2" or something crazy...didn't want to do that but I think I can handle the 208. Maybe I...