•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. LittleHorse

A4LD pan 2WD vs 4WD

My '90 Bronco II 4WD has a pan with a damaged gasket surface. I have a pan from a 2WD - it's shallow without the clearance for the plastic filter extension. I also have a new filter from a 2WD without the plastic extension. Is there any harm that could come from isntalling the 2WD filter and...
  2. LittleHorse

what would you check next?

Here's the situation: '90 Bronco II, 2.9 manual trans Has been very low on power since I bought it a year ago. Can't make it up even slight-moderate hills without losing significant speed or downshifting to fourth. It also has to be cranked for about 3 full seconds before it starts, as long as...
  3. LittleHorse

AOD/AODE/4R70W experts

My 2.9 continues it's decline day by day so I'm getting itchy to tackle this 5.0 swap thing again. Vehicle is 90 Bronco II 4x4 My plan is to use a EEC IV 5.0 HO from a Mustang (don't have the patience to try an OBD II engine from the Explorer). Overdrive is a must, and I'd like to have an...
  4. LittleHorse

My Bronco II plans

These are my plans... Engine Swap: 2" body lift EFI 5.0 HO engine w/AOD transmission 31"-32" tires Suspension Phase 1: either 2" leveling coil lift or 3-4" suspension lift (JD or SkyJacker?) Suspension Phase 2 (no longer a DD): 35" tires 6" suspension lift (converted from 4" with just coils)...
  5. LittleHorse

what axle ratios you guys running?

I've been putting together a plan for an EFI 5.0 swap into my Bronco II and planning to use an AOD transmission. I'm not a hardcore offroader, just occasional recreational wheeling and it's mainly a daily driver, so I'm not putting 38s on it or anything, I'm thinking probably 31's or at most...
  6. LittleHorse

this years fall project

I'm saving up for a motorcycle and came across this thing that I felt would give me a good boost. Guy from work bought it maybe 6 months ago. Drove it around a little but started having transmission trouble - it would drive fine for a while and then start losing ATF out of the bellhousing...
  7. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

this Bronco II has been hell from the get go. I bought it for what I thought was a pretty good deal, because it had a bad clutch. I figure, a couple hundred in parts and some time in the garage, no biggy. I take the transmission out for the clutch, and discover the cltuch is bad, and the...
  8. LittleHorse

can someone with a ~90 Bronco II do me a huge favor?

Go out and look under your hood, on top of the inner fender near the brake master cylinder. There are four electrical connectors that are all clipped to the inner fender. Are all four of them plugged into something? Specifically the black connector with just two wires (light blue, LB w/ stripe)...
  9. LittleHorse

just put Bronco II back together, some thing isn't right

it won't start. I can jump it over with a screw driver and it will start but it will not start with a key. It started before I took it apart. What I did was replace the M5OD with one out of a '94 4.0 Ranger, and replace the electric transfer case with a manual from a '94 Explorer. I removed the...
  10. LittleHorse

ok so what's the trick?

Trying to put my M5OD back into the Bronco II, can't seem to find the magic trick it takes to get the bellhousing over the exhaust. I've taken it out (twice actually) and am trying to do it in reverse but it's just not working. The bellhousing is hitting the tunnel at the top and it's not even...
  11. LittleHorse

radius arms: Skyjacker vs Superlift vs James Duff

Just wondering what the general experience is with comparisons on these. I couldn't find any published lengths for JD or SL but Skyjacker claims to be 15" longer than stock. Are they all the same length? I know JD has heim joints and the other two appear to use bushings. This BII is a DD so...
  12. LittleHorse

shelled M5OD

wow this sucks. I bought this '90 Bronco II with what I thought was a bad clutch. My suspicion was right, the clutch is the worst I've ever seen - BUT the clutch was hiding a transmission that only has 4th gear. When I spin the input shaft in 1-3, 5, or R, I can hear a metal on metal rubbing...
  13. LittleHorse

clutch hose help

I'm sure I'm the million and one-th person to have problems with this....the things I would do to the engineer that came up with this would put me in prison for multiple consecutive life sentences... The slave cylinder disconnect...my manual is no help at all, and I've never done one of these...
  14. LittleHorse

any hints on removing transmission

I've worked on some tightly packaged engine compartments before, namely a Nissan 300ZX, but I don't recall it being this difficult to access the bellhousing bolts. The engine is so close to the firewall, it's hard enough seeing the bolts, much less fitting my arm down there and I'm only a 165...
  15. LittleHorse

1990 Bronco II exhaust help

Hey guys, this is my first RBV since I was 16 (now 25) and I need a little help. Are there any aftermarket exhaust systems that start at the manifolds? I've seen a ton of stuff that starts after the cat but nothing else. Something like a y pipe or an H-pipe with a (performance?) cat. I just...