•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Sweet-85'

How should i gear?

Almost, you have to figure out the drive shafts, but otherwise, they pretty much bolt in. Good article here for the D35 swap: https://www.therangerstation.com/how-to/axles/dana-28-dana-35-axle-swap/ Check out my build thread for what I did with my rear driveshaft.
  2. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Well, the mechanical stuff is all buttoned up, and she's running good again! Now just getting the lights wired up...
  3. Sweet-85'

Lift gate handle?!

Honestly, it might be easier to just swap the whole back hatch. Try www.car-part.com it's a site where junk yards all across the country list their inventory, might be of some help. Good luck!
  4. Sweet-85'

How should i gear?

I agree, scour the junk yards for 4.10s. There is no aftermarket support for the D28 anymore, no gears, no lockers, etc. Gotta find someone getting rid of things to get that kind of stuff. I gave up and just did the D35/8.8 swap, finding D28 parts was a needle in a haystack (not to discourage...
  5. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Had a junk yard pull them both out of a 1993 Ranger 4.0L 4x4 for me. Aside from some rear driveshaft problems, everything pretty much bolted up.
  6. Sweet-85'

Bronco-II rugged v8 sas build

Looking forward to this build! Question, why limited slip instead of lockers for the diffs?
  7. Sweet-85'

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

I like it, the rain doesn't seem to bother it, I haven't noticed any problems. And if I ever splash water high enough to get in the snorkel, the water is probably deeper than I should actually be going in anyway. You can always turn the snorkel intake head the opposite direction if you were...
  8. Sweet-85'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snorkel-for-TOYOTA-Landcruiser-Land-cruiser-Samurai-60-61-62-series-80-2F-3F-2H-/401343196887?hash=item5d71eb2ed7 EBAY special for a 60 series Land Cruiser. It's actually a really good fit for the Bronco II... There are some pics of my under hood setup in my build...
  9. Sweet-85'

Dana 28 to 35 swap - what do i need to get?

Also, a good place to start your donor search (apart from any local yards you may know) is http://car-part.com which is a "part finder" used by a lot of junk yards to list what they have. You just have to search for a vehicle you know has the parts you want. For you, I would search for any...
  10. Sweet-85'

Dana 28 to 35 swap - what do i need to get?

1998 and up has the IFS, not the TTB suspension. You'll need to find a 1990-1997 truck to swap the front axle. Any ranger can provide you the 8.8, and a FX Level 2 will have 31 spline axles. I just did the D35/8.8 swap on my Bronco II, you'll need the steering linkage, brake calipers swap over...
  11. Sweet-85'

With a 2inch-ish lift and 31's With a 4inch-ish lift and 32's
  12. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Thanks! It's getting there. The mechanical stuff that's popping up from it sitting for so long is getting frustrating though. I guess I should have expected it...
  13. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Well, I took the truck home to clean some of the junk out of the back, took a few pics in the driveway. Unfortunately, the drive to and from the shop revealed that the front main seal on the 2.8L had failed. And by failed, I mean a total loss. It's bad. By the time I got back to the shop the oil...
  14. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

As promised here are some fresh pics... Front axle detail with steering linkage installed: Detail of the crazy small BII u-joint mounted to the larger 8.8 flange: Improvised radius arm drop brackets, he built these before I had the chance to tell him they could be purchased lol: An update...
  15. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Thanks! My mechanic built it, as far as i know it's just rectangle stock, ends capped, and some braces for the winch, sanded and made pretty. I'm no fabricator, but it seemed like a simple build. Rear driveshaft situation solved! We simply drilled and tapped the flange on the 8.8 to accept the...
  16. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

They are Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT's https://simpletire.com/achilles-32-11.50r15-mao321115-tires They have really good reviews and are reasonably priced, I am satisfied with them so far... They are fabricated, some round stock, etc. Nothing "off the shelf" I'm afraid. I'll ask what exactly he...
  17. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

As promised, here are pics of the sealed setup underneath the hood. I would imagine this would be similar on a fuel injected engine, just to a throttle body instead of a carb plenum. Been having some issues getting everything level on the lift. :damnit1: The original lift was simply a 2.5"...
  18. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Picked up a set of radius arm drop brackets, that should correct the front axle and even out the lift level I think. I'll continue posting progress when I get the chance. In the meantime, I noticed all my original progress pics were gone, so here they are again: It...
  19. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

Progress! Geometry seems to be a little off with the front axle, looking into some radius arm drop brackets...
  20. Sweet-85'

Project Budget Bronco

It's an eBay special land cruiser 60 series snorkel. Really good fit actually. The whole kit was right around $150.