•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Broncotim

Rear upper shock mount replacement issue.

I have a 1988 Bronco II. The rear upper shock mounts have seen better days and are heavily rusted. I want to replace them. My mounts have 4 rivets to the frame. I cannot find them online. I see just the three-hole type. Any ideas team?
  2. Broncotim

1988 Bronco II clutch issue

I am having an issue with my clutch on my 1988 Bronco II. At times the pedal rises but no resistance goes straight to the floor. It will come back up. During this I cannot shift into any gears. If I let the Bronco run and warm up sometimes the pressure will resume and then I can shift gears...
  3. Broncotim

No clutch till Bronco warmed up?

Today I decided to Drive my 1988 Bronco II. My Bronco II is stored in my detached garage. It stays dry. This week it's been very cold here in Tennessee at times below 0. Today when I started my clutch pedal had no pressure and I could not shift into gear. My fluid level was good and I could not...
  4. Broncotim

Bedliner paint job idea.

What are your thoughts on a two tone Bedliner paint job. It's a most likely do it yourself job. Alot cheaper than a new paint job. My Bronco II's paint job is showing its age and has some blemishes. Looking for your feedback.
  5. Broncotim

Coil Spring Tower replacement.

I recently noticed that my 1988 Bronco II passenger side suspension coil spring tower is heavily rusted at its frame mounting location. I was able to order a new one from ATS. The match was for a Ranger the Bronco II they have listed is different than what I have. Also the Jeff Bronco's...
  6. Broncotim

Trying to improve road drivability.

Over the last several weekends I have replaced the off road shocks I've been running for the last 28 Years on my 1988 Bronco II. Over the last 28 years of ownership I have run everything from Rancho, Pro-comp to KYB Mono Max. These were all two stiff for me as I have gotten older. I recently...
  7. Broncotim

windshield washer nozzle replacement issue.

My nozzle jet on my 1988 Bronco does not spray correctly anymore. The part # is E5TZ17603A which ford does not carry anymore. I’m waiting on a refund for not being in stock. Has anyone used a different type. With winter here a usable sprayer nozzle is needed. Any ideas?
  8. Broncotim

Finally replaced the 33 year old 02 sensor.

Boy what a challenge and to change.1st the location of the sensor on my 1988 was in a awkward location. Located on angle pointing up just before the converter. Can not get a impact wrench in there. Finally after soaking with Kroil for two weeks. The use of a angled breaker bar and a 5 point...
  9. Broncotim

Successful TFI relocation.

Fellow Bronco II fans my 1988 which I've owned for the last 24 years died on me for the last time due to a overheated TFI. I just finished installing a McCully Racing MK3 TFI relocation kit. The kit comes with a new harness and heat sink. No wire splicing just plug the dummy TFI into your...
  10. Broncotim

Pertronix Flame Thrower TFI Module issue

Today I removed the Motorcraft TFI module on my 1988 Bronco II 2.9L. I did this as I have had issues with the TFI overheating and causing running issues. I bought a Pertronix FlameThrower TFI Module as it claims it protects better from overheating. It installed with no issues. Upon starting my...
  11. Broncotim

Door Chime qustion.

I can barely hear my door chime on my 1988 Bronco II. I like everything to work on my Bronco II. I want to replace the chime. Where is it located on my Bronco II? Any ideas of a upgrade?
  12. Broncotim

Cargo storage ideas?

I want some ideas from you guys about how you store and organize your emergency gear in your Bronco II's. I want something that can be placed in the trunk area. Do you guys have any ideas? I would appreciate your ideas.
  13. Broncotim

Off Road lights?

I want to mount a set of round off road lights on my 88 Bronco II's Brushguard. I want to mount 6 inch lights. What brands do you guys run? Any faults to keep in eye out for? Will the stock Alternator support 100 watt lights?
  14. Broncotim

Hi-lift jack mount locations?

Can you guys tell me where you have mounted your Hi-lift jacks on your Bronco II's?
  15. Broncotim

MSD, Accel TFI coil upgrade question?

Has anybody used an aftermarket Performance TFI coil on there stock 2.9L Bronco II before. If so did you notice any improvements? I have installed Autolite platinum spark plugs and a set Accel super stocks plug wires. I am also running a cone style K&N filter. I am considering a coil upgrade for...
  16. Broncotim

Electric Fan install question?

I recently upgraded my factory cooling system on my 88 Bronco II with a 91-95 radiator. I love the upgrade but hate how close the fan shroud and mechanical fan are to the radiator. I am thinking about upgrading to a electric fan set up. This will resolve clearence issues and free up horsepower...