•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. A

How can I keep my 2.9 cool?

The 2.9 is not "Famous for running hot" it is however famous for cracking if it is run hot. What it is less than famous for is instrument issues. THE wire to check is the ground between the back side of the driver's side cylinder head and the retaining stud on the wiper motor This ground is...
  2. A

looking for a B2

No, it'll have the D35 front axle and 13-54 T-case if built after 11/89, but 2.9 trucks were fitted with the "iMsoshitty" FM146 until the end of production. As were 2.9 Rangers until the end of 1992. SOME 2.9 trucks got the M5OD-R1, but unless you bought a 2.3 or 4.0 4x4 truck you were never...
  3. A

eliminate dummy case

while the dummy T-case is a 40-something pound lump it doesn't add any friction to the drivetrain. What would actually make more sense is to swap a real T-case in in place of it that way you'd have a low range. What would you use low range for? backing into parking places without torturing the...
  4. A

B2 cooling issues

that actually sounds more like an instrumentation problem. And on 2.9 powered trucks of any vintage my knee-jerk response is to tell you to disassemble and clean both ends of the ground wire that runs between the back side of the driver's side cylinderhead and the stud on the wiper motor. if...
  5. A

88 Ranger D28 into 88 BII with shot D28

With the two vehicles you mention everything is the same. AD
  6. A

Has anyone tried changing the headlights?

It's not about them falling off the truck, it's about the quality of the light distribution. and that isn't only "illuminating the road" but how they either DO or DO NOT glare in the eyes of oncoming traffic. Headlights are optical devices and in a way rather like eyeglasses or a camera lens...
  7. A

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

You are not looking for an early Bronco2 for a 2.3 engine and if you are you are wasting your time, because you are searching for a Zebra-striped Unicorn. The Bronco2 engine crossmember is the same as the 4x4 Ranger. AD
  8. A

Stripped starter bolt

The proper thread to match the original threads and accept the stock bolt is 10mm x 1.5 I helicoil the starter bolt holes on every 2.9/4.0 trans case that I don't scrap
  9. A

HID? or Aftermarket Halogen lights? As there are NO aftermarket true "HID" lights that retrofit to older lamp housings. And if I ever saw you in oncomming traffic you'd better have an armored windshield to go with them to stop any high misses I send towards your headlamps
  10. A

The ones from LMC are kind of a rip off price versus quality. I run Hella replacement H4 lamps in my 1987 Ranger I have THESE in my Ranger...
  11. A

look what i found

The books were already off to the printers when Ford gave up on the idea to have those windows in the Bronco2 in 1985. Just like the 1986 Ranger Brochure shows a first year Supercab with a factory sunroof like that offered in the Bronco2 all the way through production. (and in the first gen...
  12. A

m5od transmission hyd line

The white plastic sleeve is the release collar if you've removed it put it back in, you push that sleeve IN, not "take it off" AD
  13. A

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

THE hard part of doing this beyond the obvious things (and less than obvious) like.... Wiring harness, Exhaust piping (Catalytic converter!) throttle cable... The 2.3 radiator is "mirror image" to that for the other Ranger engines (And very rare in the factory A/C HD core) And the big show...
  14. A

Looking for the Blower Motor Resistor?

these heater blower resistors are made of wound coils of resistance wire. And thought he "resistors" themselves don't go bad the contact beteween the actual resistor and the cheap steel contacts corrode and they don't make proper contact. and after that the blower motor doesn't work at all...
  15. A

Electric to Manual transfer case swap?

The breakdown is this... if you want it to fit and work on a 1985-87 with a manual trans you need the t-case AND the shifter from a 1985-87 with a manual trans. If it's gotta fit on an automatic, specifically a 1986-1990 (production date 11/89 or before) A4LD it's gotta come off another one...
  16. A

Need this part but can't find it!

This is what you call a confluence of events... I was digging around my shop searching for something else anc came across an early T-K all metal shifter. This should be the correct shifter for your 4speed T-K trans. And yes it is a T-K trans because the Mitsubishi FM145 wasn't introduced...
  17. A

What this forum is really for

EVENTUALLY one of the moderators, admins or tech advisors will have acid reflux, a headaache, a fight with their significant other, a toothache, etc... Get generally ticked off and systematically go through ALL the forums moving posts to where they belong If I were less tired I'd do it now. AD
  18. A

93 Ford Explorer

Removing the emissions controls from any vehicle newer than 1968 is still illegal under FEDERAL law One of these days the FEDERAL law may get enforced. But the point is once you get EFI "Dialed in" it stays that way, sometimes for a decade or more. I've never had a carb stay "Set" for more...
  19. A

3.0 in a B2

The slightly better mileage from a 3.0 over a 4.0 doesn't make up for the generally miserable experience of driving a 3.0. Oh, and BTW, even though he has a 2wd Bronco2 he'll still need to replace the oil pan and pickup unless his donor 3.0 is from a 1993 or 94 Ranger. The 1991-92 3.0 oil pan...
  20. A

93 Ford Explorer

a 302 with a carb tuned so it is actually driveable in a truck offroad will produce LESS power than the EFI 4.0 it is replacing and probably produce whatever torque it does produce at a higher rpm than the 4.0. there is an enormous difference between "power" and "power where you need it" or...