•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. adsm08

2.3L SWAP broncoll

I haven't seen it myself, I just vaguely remember seeing AllanD post on the topic before. I haven't had time to go searching for the post today, I just remember him saying that the 2.3T swap in a BII was almost impossible because of some mounting issue related to the engine. I thought it...
  2. adsm08

2.3L SWAP broncoll

I have read it is almost impossible to put a 2.3 in a Bronco II because of differences in how the engine mounts attach to the vehicle. Something about the engine mounts for the V6 attaching to the frame rails and the mounts for the 4-cyl attaching to the engine cross member, with the BII not...
  3. adsm08

Could I convert from Carbed to FI?

Super is right. The TBI setup is the first best option if you want to keep the 2.8. After that you have to start looking at engine swaps. The idea of keeping the 2.8L but swapping 2.9 heads and intakes is self-defeating, because then you just have a 2.9 with the distributor in the wrong spot...
  4. adsm08

My Bronco 2

Which clutch pack did you strip?
  5. adsm08

My Bronco 2

Well now that's not how you do that.
  6. adsm08

Swap 4.0 to Bronco II'88 need help

Ok, I now remember why I don't have the color of the wire for the tach in the 2.9 harness. I never found or identified that wire, I found the pin on the back of the cluster and traced it's line back along the circuit board.
  7. adsm08

Swap 4.0 to Bronco II'88 need help

I have done this, and my tach does work, but I cannot remember the color of the 2.9 wire. I have been looking when I have time, and I will find this answer. Hitchner is correct about the tan/yellow wire on the 4.0 harness.
  8. adsm08

Project: Amazing Grace

Did a few little maintenance items this week. Got new hatch struts on her Thursday night, now I can take things in and out of the back without propping the hatch on the spare tire. Today I took her down to work and got into some more involved stuff, flushed out the brake fluid (it looked like...
  9. adsm08

B2 engine swap with 4.2L engine

I think the point here is that he is sick of the A4LD, not the 2.9, and wants to keep an auto. IMO the 4.2 is not worth the trouble, although the 4R70W is a stout transmission. I'd take a 5.0 for that setup before a 4.2, but if it's what you have it's what you have.
  10. adsm08

My Bronco 2

Did you ever figure out why she won't move Ben?
  11. adsm08

timming issue?

Yeah, the timing will be off but just the act of removing the distributor means it needed timed anyway. When you get it all back together leave the dis out and remove the #1 spark plug. Then stick your finger in the hole and bump the engine over until your finger gets pushed out. You are likely...
  12. adsm08

My Bronco 2

Double check the converter hub and the pump splines. If you find nothing wrong visually replace the pump. You really should have checked the fluid pressures before dropping the trans.
  13. adsm08

My Bronco 2

Ben, you skipped the single most important step in diagnosing an auto trans issue. You didn't check for fluid motion in the trans before ripping it apart. When I get an auto in with a no engagement concern the first thing I do is check fluid level with the engine off and then see what it does...
  14. adsm08

mn_smokeater's Bronco II resurrection Build

That's great, and you were correct. But you pretty well ignored forum etiquette in more than a few aspects in the 5 posts you have made. You posted stuff that is for sale on e-bay in 3 different threads in three different sections. Double and triple postings are highly discouraged here. We also...
  15. adsm08

My Bronco 2

The only time I don't care for driving a stick are the days when it feels like someone is digging around in my right shoulder with one of those survival knifes. And then I just don't want to drive at all. I do like auto for some things, yes, but I just don't like not being in control. I think...
  16. adsm08

My Bronco 2

I will never understand the devotion some people give to a contraption as unreliable as the automatic transmission. Anyway, if you insist on keeping a torque converter try to find a standalone controller for one of the later Bordeaux transmissions and put that sucker in instead. Might also be...
  17. adsm08

Project: Amazing Grace

New seats, center console "installed". It's sitting in there, not bolted down, wires for the info center are run under the carpet, but not plugged into the dash yet. I want to fix the fuel gauge before I plug it in anyway. These are, bar none, the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a...
  18. adsm08

My Bronco 2

I like lights. I just feel that they should be used correctly and responsibly. After I install the parts I found at the yard on Saturday, and get some more $$ around I think some nice floods on my bull bar will be the next step on the truck. It is a work truck after all. They will NOT be...
  19. adsm08

My Bronco 2

What is it?
  20. adsm08

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Ohh, shiny.