•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. adsm08

Lifted 87 BII

I am posting this for some friends of mine. It belonged to their son who died in a motorcycle accident about a year ago. We were going to go over it and try to get it street-legal for sale locally, but neither of us really have the time. Specs: 87 Bronco II, manual everything, no tach, no air...
  2. adsm08

Front seat in the back seat?

Anyone ever tried it? I have some cloth EB buckets lined up for the front of the BII, but my front bench is just too nice to just ditch. I was thinkin' maybe I could get the front seats put in the back seat. I realize it means a loss of the fold-flat capacity and a storage compartment, but I...
  3. adsm08

Explorer to Ranger/B2

OK, so I have recently purchased a 4.0 and an engine wiring harness out of a 94 Explorer. I know the body harness for the Explorer is slightly different and has to be re-pinned to work. Since I'm already cutting into the Explorer harness to keep my Gen 1 dash, I'm not worried about it. What I'm...
  4. adsm08

Ug, Finally.

After about 5 months of inactivity and garage sitting and waiting for parts and cold and dirt and blah blah blah it is back on the road. I got my B2 back together and took it for a quick spin tonight. It fired right up, ran for 1/2 a second and then died beautifully. I was not happy. Then I...
  5. adsm08

Rear shaft replacement

I know it has been discussed before. I searched but the search yielded nothing intelligible or helpful so I am looking for info from people who have done it. I am planning to send an Explorer rear shaft to the machine shop to get shortened for use in my B2. The fact that it will be an extremely...
  6. adsm08

Engine Swap

Have we put a SOHC 4.0 in a B2 yet? I've got a pretty idea of what I'm doing with it, I just want to know if it's been done before.
  7. adsm08

Need numbers fast

How long is the headliner of the B2, stem to stern?
  8. adsm08

I like driving my B2.

That is all.
  9. adsm08

Liftgate hard to open

I've been having issues with my liftgate not wanting to open since I bought the truck. The handle felt like it was slipping over it's catch and not releasing the latches. Tore into it yesterday evening and came up with a fix that works well. I'm just wondering if this is a fairly common problem...
  10. adsm08

Fuel Pump Plate

I need some measurements for a floor pan plate to access my fuel pump in the B2. I know most guys do it while dropping the tank to replace the pump, but I'm too lazy for that.
  11. adsm08

Project: Amazing Grace

Well, here she is boys: Project Amazing Grace. This will mostly be body restoration and fixing up. Kinda want to change the color scheme a bit. Maybe black and blue. Maybe go green and tan like the Eddies were. Not sure yet. Already have an 8.8 for it. It probably won't get a D-35, unless...
  12. adsm08

D-shaft question Explorer Owners

Anyone out there with a 1st gen explorer MT 4x4, I need some help. The first thing I need to know, and I think I already know, this is just double checking, the shaft with the double cardan joint is the rear one. The second thing I need to know is what is the length of the front shaft, flange...
  13. adsm08

Question I think I know the answer to.

Ok, so my buddy bought an 04 Xploder recently, and wants to lift it. I told him that is probably not a good idea if its even possible with the independent rear end. Anyone else try this or have any ideas on the matter? I was looking at it strictly as the poor bastard who'd probably have to go...