•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 06RangerXLT

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

bench tested starter first?
  2. 06RangerXLT

Idle questions

well your idle should be around 600-800. so 1000 is too high to begine with. I wish i could help more, but i dont know the 2.9 motors for sensors and what not. If it has it, an idle air control valve (top of the intake, 2 bolts and a plug) will need cleaning.
  3. 06RangerXLT

F my life....

mmm torch and diff fluid. lovely smell. you could swap a 92 or earlier axle from a ranger, or find one from a bronco. may have the same problem though.
  4. 06RangerXLT

Explorers off road

unless you sas, its always gonna be the same
  5. 06RangerXLT

Wheel spacers?

pretty sure the bronco in a 5x4.5 or 5x114.3 personally id never use them. i bought a set, and wasnt to impressed so sold them. If i were you, id invest in rims or wider tires. a friend had them, put on in the summer. well once winter hit, he got a wobble. turns out they cooled and got...
  6. 06RangerXLT

your help is needed

for sure junk yard.
  7. 06RangerXLT

Gas mileage

please dont start with this measuring argument again, or you all get negative rep.
  8. 06RangerXLT

4x4

np. its one of those things that if its always snow you can get away with, but any dry pavement will add wear and tear. if the diff is open and you drive it around in 2wd, you may not have a problem though.
  9. 06RangerXLT

Radiator leak

id always reccomend a new rad. think, if it blows on a trail, or the middle of no where. then your stuck.
  10. 06RangerXLT

4x4

uh, i wouldnt. it can do alot to the truck. more then just hubs.
  11. 06RangerXLT

Gas mileage

id grab a prius motor and do the swap. should put you at around 30-40 MPG. though your RWD MAY not work... your a bit low. do a tune up. those trucks get like 12-15 mpg. anybody saying higher isnt doing their math right.
  12. 06RangerXLT

At my wits end!

get out your power meter and find where you lose power.
  13. 06RangerXLT

2.8l v6

junk yard will be the only place. its will be easier to clean up and rebuild yours.
  14. 06RangerXLT

Bought a GREAT truck!!! Oh no wait... Nevermind... It's junk.

GET EM! good job man. I love knowing sales rules. cant tell you how many times they have helped me! Take it to a ford dealer on his expense. Have them do a FULL check. since its part of the "requirements" Any issues have fixed by HIM. :) screwing the screwed dealer is the only way to do it!
  15. 06RangerXLT

4.0 problems

lets hope you didnt toast your computer. check spark on each cylinder. just cus its new, doesnt mean it works.
  16. 06RangerXLT

Door lock set exchange?

uhhh... thats an interesting one. Im gonna guess no, but id try it. they are easy to remove.
  17. 06RangerXLT

Auto to Manual Swap

im planning this when my auto dies in my ranger. from the noise its making, it may not be too far off... lol let us know how it goes.
  18. 06RangerXLT

explorer t-c question??

so lets see if i get this, you have no 2wd option, just awd?
  19. 06RangerXLT

cold weather issues

no wouldnt be fuel filter. could be the conputer is moisture sensative, and when it cools the moisture in the air condences on the computer, causing it to not start. just a thought. ask ADSM, or Allan D.
  20. 06RangerXLT

can the engine run to cool?

sounds like a problem i had coming back from wisconsin last winter. T-Stat was stuck open. its a 5 dollar part. swap in a new factory temp one and try again.