•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. C

New Bronco 2 owner needs help

Waaay too many problems with this vehicle. Get rid of it - sell it to me! 2. Probably shifter motor (clean or replace), but if that doesn't work, perform the module diagnosis from Tech section on this site (excellent article). If bad module, they are available cheap $10-$25. (already posted)...
  2. C

Two minute over-rich fix ?

Try disconnecting the O2 sensor. Yes, I know it's new. Just might be worth two minutes to verify it's A-OK. CraigK
  3. C

F my life....

I'm not familiar with this bolt, but can you not drill it out? CraigK
  4. C

death wobble?

"Also I popped a tire off the bead in a mud hole and re beaded it on the trail so im sure there is mud and water in it." Did you have the "death wobble" before or after you put mud and water in your tire? Front tire? "Death wobble" or death vibration At what speed(s)? CraigK
  5. C

You know you drive a bronco II when

Your parking spot at work is marked by a pattern of fluid stains . . .
  6. C

You know you drive a bronco II when

Your annual insurance premium is higher than the book value of your vehicle . . .
  7. C

Power Window RT side 89 BII

Try this link: http://broncozone.com/topic/1563-window-motor-fix/ I think the 89's are the same . . . CraigK
  8. C

Power Window RT side 89 BII

This is a common problem with a relatively easy fix (i.e. I did it). As I recall, you just have to replace some broken pieces (not usually the gears themselves) in the window gearbox with 1/4" nuts, and it's fixed basically forever. Yes, you have to drill out and replace rivets, but that's...
  9. C

Is it terminal?????

Others can confirm, but I think this rusting through of the frame rails on the right side (only) at the spring bracket is fairly common. When I changed my right side coil bracket, I saw rather alarming rust-through of the frame on my '87 BII. I just bolted the new bracket on and ignored it, and...
  10. C

Very sad week since tuesday!!

Guaranteed write-off. That's the problem with restoring these things. I was offered $800 "book value" for my '87 BII with 123,000 miles. Your best scenario is to fight them over the value (use receipts for all your parts/work and values from AutoTrader etc. - the longer you go without...
  11. C

Thinking of a Bronco II

Cracked head. So many otherwise nice 2.9's with this problem. (Reason I ended up with an Explorer after my BII was damaged.) Sometimes hard to diagnose. - too much/white exhaust smoke - exhaust smells slightly sweet - low coolant level - interior heater intermittently hot - emulsion in...
  12. C

Explorer Mileage

Real Mileage / My Experience I have an 87 BII which, running well but with a weak auto tranny and 3.73 gears, is currently getting about 16.5 mpg average for a mix of town, country road and highway driving, mostly fall and winter, and includes a limited amount of 4x4/snow driving. My "new" 1994...
  13. C

Looking to buy a Bronco II...

How about this price for a BII...
  14. C

Fuse/Power Supply for Electric 4x4 (87 BII)

Yes. I thought it was a bad module, but the used replacement I picked up did the same (no light). I went back and tested the connectors going into the control unit again (as per the directions in the Tech section). This time I noticed a power drop (below 12V) on the power lead that I hadn't...
  15. C

Transfer Case Control Module Interchangeability?

Looks like I have to replace the ESCM in my BII, and will have to get one from a junkyard. I have found several listed on various jy search sites, but not from my specific vehicle. Does anyone know: What years and models of vehicles have an electronic shift control module that will be...
  16. C

Fuse/Power Supply for Electric 4x4 (87 BII)

I've posted on the main forums in the "4WD Systems" section, but am not getting any help on this specific question. The vehicle is an 1987 Bronco II with electric pushbutton 4x4/LOW control. I have no power to my T-case controller. (I have already replaced the T-Case motor.) I do not get any...
  17. C

Where is T-Case Control Module? 87 BII

Just replaced the transfer case shift motor on my electric shift 1987 BII. No go. No shifting into either 4x4 or LOW, and no clicking. I've read threads that refer to an under-the-hood fusebox, but my BII doesn't seem to have one there (all fuses under the dash are A-OK). Is there one under...
  18. C

Gas Mileage - 4Dr vs Sport Explorer?

Thinking of buying a GenI Explorer (93-ish) to augment/replace tha capability of my '87 BII (little more room, stronger motor). Gas mileage is poor. Does anyone have any idea if the 2DR Sport (10" shorter wheelbase, looks much smaller) gets a measurable difference in gas mileage? Thanks. CraigK
  19. C

Engine Problems

Broncopower33 Try asking for help on this in a different forum, and with a better description of the symptoms and problems you are experiencing. Try the 2.9 L or 4.0 L Forums within the V6 Forums within the "Engine & Transmission" Forums listed below. Note that if you have a 90 BII, you...
  20. C

Bronco II vs. "the youth"

I've looked at this, and feel it's a valid question for many. The main factors are looks, safety and cost. If that's the important order for you (image before cost), get a new miniSUV. It is VERY difficult to find BII's in really nice shape (that do not require a lot of DIY work). Gas...