•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. C

Transfer Case Control Module Interchangeability?

Looks like I have to replace the ESCM in my BII, and will have to get one from a junkyard. I have found several listed on various jy search sites, but not from my specific vehicle. Does anyone know: What years and models of vehicles have an electronic shift control module that will be...
  2. C

Fuse/Power Supply for Electric 4x4 (87 BII)

I've posted on the main forums in the "4WD Systems" section, but am not getting any help on this specific question. The vehicle is an 1987 Bronco II with electric pushbutton 4x4/LOW control. I have no power to my T-case controller. (I have already replaced the T-Case motor.) I do not get any...
  3. C

Where is T-Case Control Module? 87 BII

Just replaced the transfer case shift motor on my electric shift 1987 BII. No go. No shifting into either 4x4 or LOW, and no clicking. I've read threads that refer to an under-the-hood fusebox, but my BII doesn't seem to have one there (all fuses under the dash are A-OK). Is there one under...
  4. C

Gas Mileage - 4Dr vs Sport Explorer?

Thinking of buying a GenI Explorer (93-ish) to augment/replace tha capability of my '87 BII (little more room, stronger motor). Gas mileage is poor. Does anyone have any idea if the 2DR Sport (10" shorter wheelbase, looks much smaller) gets a measurable difference in gas mileage? Thanks. CraigK
  5. C

Do 89/90 heads crack?

There is a supposed 89 Bronco II for sale in the area - over an hour's drive from me so I haven't seen it yet. The body and transmission etc. are apparently in excellent condition, but the owner says he just "found out that there might be a blown head gasket". Having seen so many used BII's...
  6. C

Switching Engine Computers: '88 for '87

I am thinking of repairing my smashed up BII rather than selling and replacing. Can't seem to find a decent B2 nearby at a reasonable price . . . This has probably been asked and answered before, but I can't locate the threads. 1. Is it a straight swap (unplug the old, plug in the new) to...
  7. C

Bronco II Gas Tank Replacement?

How involved/complicated/expensive is gas tank replacement on 1987-90-ish Bronco II's? There is one for sale reasonably close by (to replace my recently accident damaged B2), that requires this. Thanks. CraigK
  8. C

Rear Antilock Light Sensor???

My "Rear Antilock" warning light is beginning to come on. From old posts I've determined this means the rear shoes are probably worn and in need of replacement. There is nothing that looks like a sensor of any kind near my rear brake assemblies. (1987 Bronco II, drum brakes, no antilock axle...
  9. C

Y-pipe to Manifold Flange Fix

Thought I’d share this with this forum, as it seems to be a somewhat common issue with older RBV’s . . . The Problem: The passenger-side exhaust manifold to Y-pipe flange on my 1987 Bronco II 2.9L engine is leaking badly. As in “found dead in vehicle” bad. As I can’t afford to have hundreds...
  10. C

Cloth material on AC evaporator box?

Okay. Another question. In digging around down there on the evaporator box in the engine compartment (actually working on the %@#!*&^%%#! manifold to Y-pipe joint), I noticed what appears to be some sort of cloth or tape on the side of the AC Evap box covering a large hole in the box. As my...
  11. C

Damaged AC Line?

Rather than add to the great thread below, I thought I'd start my own. My AC situation . . . Bronco II, 1987, AT, 4WD. I recently had the passenger side front suspension coil bucket rust in half and break, and my front suspension collapse while driving. When I went to repair this I discovered...
  12. C

How to disconnect Y-pipe from manifold?

My '87 Bronco II 2.9L manifold to Y-pipe flanges are rusted away on both sides, (although the Y-pipe itself looks A-OK), giving me bad and worsening exhaust leaks that enter the vehicle. There is very limited access to these flanges, especially on the passenger side. Can't seem to get at 'em...
  13. C

This Looks Serious . . . (Broken Coil Bracket)

By Bronco II suddenly started listing to starboard, and the wheels don't look aligned properly. Cursory inspection shows that my front passenger side coil spring mount bracket has broken in half! The coil spring itself looks like it has shifted and is bulging outward. What needs to be done to...
  14. C

'87 B2 - Want A/C & Heat

I have an ’87 Bronco II with A/C. This has the separate push-button to engage the A/C mode. Right now (winter, cold and wet) if I am directing heat to the windshield during cold high humidity conditions (last night was pouring cold wet rain/sleet), I get windshield end and side window fogging...
  15. C

7.5" open to limited slip conversion?

I have a plain vanilla 44 (Ford?/Dana?) open 7.5" 3.73 rear axle on my stock '87 Bronco II 4WD AT. I can get stuck in winter in my gently sloped driveway, and would like to upgrade to a limited slip rear end for snow and poor traction situations. I do not plan competition or intense off-road...