•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. smash9002

Lill Mule 89 BII

stock ford trac-loc is what I was told.
  2. smash9002

Lill Mule 89 BII

Glad I finally caught up to your build! It looks like my old BII has gone to the right person. Really interesting and cool that your using it for search and rescue, I am a wilderness first responder.. If you ever need someone to tag along on a trip let me know! I cant believe the transmission...
  3. smash9002

First post in awhile.. saved a jeep today w/pics

It's been so long since I have wheeled my B2 I almost forgot what it was like! My friend has been on a mission to get his jeep stuck and finally succeeded today. We were a few miles from the highway and had to walk out and call my dad! Took a few yanks, but got him out: Now I'm stuck...
  4. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Took my parts truck to the wrecking yard today. It was a 90 B2 that I bought 6 months ago. The guy I bought it from had built it up and taken it all over, through the rubicon a couple times, and a bunch of trails in Southern california I can't remember. He wheeled it for the whole 6 years he had...
  5. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

I don't see why not, it's just like having a wrangler or 4runner. I've had a few cops get behind me, but have yet to be pulled over. One was actually taking pictures with his camera phone!
  6. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

I think it should do the job... the guy who built it has been building them like that for over 30 years. Naw I just drive faster when its raining! Eventually.. but it's almost summer, and I just spent the last of my project funds on the cage.
  7. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Rollcage pics! Just got the B2 back from 4x4 Specialties in Concord, Ca today! It's sooo close to being ready for some wheelin! :D Let me know what you guys think!
  8. smash9002

Electric t-case control

I have an 89 B2 with the electronically shifted t-case. Is there any way to run the wires from under the dash directly to the case without using the controller that is normally mounted rearwards of the driver side door? Or do I need the computer-looking thing? My bronco has a chopped top, and...
  9. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Thanks for the comments guys! :icon_cheers: For those interested in the Duff lift parts, here are some pics: Radius arms: rusty springs and brackets:
  10. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Took the Bronco for a drive a drive today, and had to pull over to take a poser pic or two... Newly installed (but not new) bumpers and lights.
  11. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

I think Im going to have to. But to be honest I haven't even wheeled it yet, Im waiting to get a solid roll bar first! And when I do, there will be pics and videos!
  12. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Sent you a pm, let me know if that works. They are straight, no cracks, just a little surface rust, coming from a truck that I bought in Pacifica. I can send pics if you like.
  13. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Blackbetty- thanks for the suggestions on the top, I will look into that. The radius arms are still for sale, Ill take any reasonable offer. I have the duff traction bars too.
  14. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Thanks, guys! Glad you all like it! It is a truck light bar, my old h.s. auto shop teacher gave it to me yesterday and I just tacked it in quickly to see where I want it. Will this thing do me any good in a roll? Or should I get something stronger?
  15. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

New pics!
  16. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

My plans are to make a soft top, but I haven't seen any in person and Im not sure how I will be able to get it to seal against the top of the roof without wind and rain being able to get in. For now my mom has been nice enough to let me keep it in her garage!
  17. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Im in the east bay, Moraga, which is near Lafayette and Walnut Creek. Do you know any good wheeling spots in our area, other than Hollister?
  18. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Ok so I finished most of the sheetmetal patching and filled in and reinforced the b pillars where I cut the roof. I also cut off the flanges where the windows were bolted on and welded up seams. Let me know what you guys think! Next I plan on welding on bed corners from a ranger, and a home...
  19. smash9002

My 89 Bronco II

Thats a great looking B2, 04SD! Looks like you put a lot of time into that truck, thanks for the link! I have made quite a bit of progress since I last took pics, should have an update in a few days.