•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. P

Rear bumper, non step

Need a read bumper that is the non step version. I had one on my '84 long ago, and need to find another. Chrome condition is not a concern. Help
  2. P

caliper fire . . .

moved my '84 BII out of state to it's new home last weekend. Along the way the right front caliper caught fire . . loads of fun. Has only 58K original miles, but something locked, probably hose collapsed; my guess. Was able to find caliper and pads, but not the hose. I ended up using a F150...
  3. P

1350 TC question . . .

Does anyone know positively that a 1350 has a 7 tooth speedometer drive gear ???
  4. P

C5 to C4 trans conversion in Bronco II . . info

I have an '84 BII. It was an auto, so fortunately they came with a C5. When I went to a V8 in the truck, I changed the original C5 to a C4. That has been written about . . don't want to rehash the facts there. I did a standard 2 year swap :icon_rofl: Serious, this April is 2 years. I started...
  5. P

interior changes . . .

So I finally got around to installing the rubber mat I had ACC make for me. Its been sitting in a box for almost 2 years :) Pain to work with, all the holes to find in the floor etc. God Bless the people on the line that installed the rear seats quickly . . it's a pita too. So . anyone else...
  6. P

just gloating a bit . . . .

I finally got back to my Bronco for some things that needed finished. It's been at least 6 months since I touched it. I had bought a rubber mat to replace the carpet. More of an original Bronco theme I have had for this BII. Anyway, when I started cutting out the original carpet, I thought I...
  7. P

Dana gears??

Whats the tallest gear set you have seen for our small stock Dana front rears?? I'm doing the V8 swap now and would like to lower the gear ratio numerically. I have plenty of 7.5 gears for the rear, but what can I get for the front??
  8. P

pic of the chopped roof BII at the junk yard

This looked interesting . . wonder who sold these pieces?????????
  9. P

homemade motor mounts- V8 swap

Does someone have an accurate drawing of the measurements to make thsi mount? The picture that is posted I have seen is horrible. You can't build it accurately from the measurements ( or lack of them ) that are shown. It only shows the spacing between bolts where it attaches to the block. It...
  10. P

think I blew the 2.8 today . . .

never did like that engine. But this is a 58K '84 engine that I replaced the valve seals when I got it. It had been running fine, other than underpowered. Yesterday noticed some blow by that was not there before and today it started pumping so much smoke out the back that cars were avoiding me...
  11. P

Anyone using a rubber mat . . .

instead of carpet in their B2?? I can get a rubber mat made and formed just like carpet, with backing etc . . . kinda like the vintage/rough look of this. Wanted to see if anyone else was using it?
  12. P

1-2" suspension lift . . .

just making sure . . you can do a 1 or 2" suspension lift with no problems created other than possibly needing longer shocks right?? I run full size shocks anyway . . but am I correct here?
  13. P

3.8 swap?

Who here has done this swap? I'm interested in whether it seemed worth it after it was done? Enough power now? Economy? Ease of this swap?
  14. P

need some performance ideas . . . my '84

the 2.8 is horrible as far as acceleration. Hey I know its not going to be fast, but its almost dangerous slow. My '84 had 54K on it when I got it. I tore the heads off and replaced the seals, went with a Durasprak ignition and HEI module. I'm running a jetted 2100 and headers into a y-pipe and...
  15. P

So, if I go with a 302

in my '84 BII . . what am I looking at for mods? I already have ditched the computer, so ignition conversion is done and nothing will need to be changed with the V8. I have a C5, so I can use the rear of the trans and hook up to a C4 or C5 from a V8; right? Meaning no 4wd problems. Do you guys...
  16. P

well, got to use it . . . .

with the 40 + inches of snow we had here in the last week. I hate snow , but love seeing the '66 /'84 Bronco out enjoying it. We went everywhere we wanted to go . . and looking cool at the same time.
  17. P

exhaust upgrade info . . .

my '84 . . I dd a lot of engine upgrades and did away with the computer controls over last winter. I went with a Duraspark distributor and HEI module to handle the ignition and rebuilt a 2100 for the carburetor. I replaced the valve seals and other odds and ends. I also added headers. But...
  18. P

OD trans verses the C5

So I know you guys don't like the OD auto trans found in the Bronco IIs. But I'm guessing that is somewhat dependent on the fact that most or many of you off road your truck. So the question is . . are their problems with that trans if used 100% on the street? I would just like to have an OD...
  19. P

Bronco II TC . . .

an '84 . . what size if the nut holding the yoke on the rear of the TC ? I have to get in and try and slide the speedo drive gear back onto its clip.
  20. P

speedometer problem . . .

I believe I may have a drive gear problem on my '84. Speedo had been bouncing, but worked. The other day, it crapped out. Nothing. I pulled the cable loose from the speedo head and drove the vehicle. The cable did not spin. I pulled the cable out and it is fine, driven gear is perfect and cable...