•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. bobbywalter

2.3L SWAP broncoll

ahhhh. for that maybe a factory configuration is some sort of issue. i am not a big fan of most of the factory configurations anyway....their compromises and my goals often require different results.
  2. bobbywalter

2.3L SWAP broncoll

sometimes the left mount is hard to get, i have seen the factory offerings, even the diesel now. use the 4cyl mounts, and of course a 4 cyl trans, wire it and fire it. the b2 k member i have seen and worked with were all identical to the 4x4 ranger on top except for a few holes. i dont...
  3. bobbywalter

4bt swap?

depends on what you can dig up and budget. ford adapter will allow about any ford trans with sbf compatibility. stockish power levels?? more street use i assume...i would only consider a 4bt for fuel economy and ok power alone. for a truck that only sees trail work...no fawking...
  4. bobbywalter

1988 B2 Conversion using 2000 Explorer 302

not sure if i would use a foxpan or a road pan though....cause you will probably drive this agressively whether you plan to or not:icon_rofl:
  5. bobbywalter

you know, after thinking about this..... if i were doing this with a perfectly good running and shifting donor in the yard, and wanted a 2wd, i would ship the ecm to have the pats disabled and the evap along with whatever else i wanted dealt with done, and pull the chain out of the t case and...
  6. bobbywalter

rebuild? define that. just sealin er up for a few bux is ideal.... i dont think i would properly rebuild a explorer motor if i could find a good running flex 5.3 gm powertrain with pcm and harness for 2500 bux.:dunno: i love fords, please dont think its some closet gm worship...but...
  7. bobbywalter

or invest in a moates 1/4 horse or something.
  8. bobbywalter

i would run a non pats system as well.
  9. bobbywalter

5.0 in Bronco II

well, i have used those adapters and they definitely move the t case back which helped and worked out in a few cases due to the trans selection...t18 with a short ext housing. or maybe its a reg ext housing and the others are the long ones. not sure on that. with a m5od r2 it will move the...
  10. bobbywalter

84 Bronco 2 Rear Main Seal Replacement-Clutch Hydraulic ??

yeah, i wont even fawk with the manifolds usualy, i will cut the pipe first usually pre or post converter if it dont have a removable flange. most of them i can get apart at the cat flange with a grinder to the rusted heads
  11. bobbywalter

if your truck was raised 100 miles from me and original.... wrenches wouldnt turn most of the rotted fasteners and the frame would probably be pretty rotten as well. that is all i was getting at with that closing comment. with it being all apart recently i think your golden. a decent...
  12. bobbywalter

my good man... take some more time every day for another week or so and get under there and have a good gawk all around. my back is pretty much broken literally as i have limited function and directly ordered not to pick up more then ten pounds(20 or so for the rest of my life) and i...
  13. bobbywalter

anything?? cool you have the early style:icon_thumby: your really in a cake situation now:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:
  14. bobbywalter

89 broncoii axle help

look in the tech library on the front page. general http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.shtml axles http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index-axles.shtml spindles http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/spindlebearing.html you want to id the axle as...
  15. bobbywalter

sometimes if the connector is boogered up....well often it is boogered up here due to weather/salt use....anyway you can disconnect the master and leave the whole system intact....its a bitch to remove it from the firewall and fish it around but its really easy compared to buying a new 80...
  16. bobbywalter

Fuel Filter Conversion?

i see where your going with that though. if i had an old school rig i would swap to two mustang pumps in that case with my own added check valve.
  17. bobbywalter

Fuel Filter Conversion?

no, its a b2 single tank from what i read of the op.
  18. bobbywalter

Fuel Filter Conversion?

i would just make jumpers/splices or get a later line to the hp filter. take about 10 minutes to snag at a junkyard.
  19. bobbywalter

Bii with roll-down rear window?

the half cab didnt roll down all the way the one at the autorama did, but it was a smaller window in a ford oval frame. i thought it was cool....but not enough to investigate it...low rider 2wd trucks are not for me
  20. bobbywalter

Bii with roll-down rear window?

i have seen a few. one in a half cab. no details, it was at a autorama in detroit in 98 or 99, and had a targa roof as well. they sell kits for trucks, would be somewhat difficult i am sure but doable.