•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. ab_slack

Happy New Years!

The site has been quite dead for days so..... I thought I would spice it up by wishing everyone a Merry New Years!!
  2. ab_slack

Site Comment

I don't know if this is by intent to keep this site separate from TRS, but I find navigating between here and TRS and back to be somewhat of a pain. The only direct link I see is the one in the TRS in the BII/Explorer sub-form title that brings you to BIIC main page. So usually I go to TRS...
  3. ab_slack

The Little Red Broncette

I debated making a thread for her as she isn’t a build and I am not planning any customization but to me she is a restoration project of sorts and the list of things I have done thus far chasing my goal adds up to quite a bit already. Yet there is a long list of things still I want to do to...
  4. ab_slack

quandry

Now I am in a quandary, I been getting ready to make a thread for my BII on TRS and TRS is where I go, but should I do here now?
  5. ab_slack

How does Throttle Body get so Dirty?

87 BII, 2.9L. I pulled the air charge temperature sensor to see what the condition was and it was covered in oil and a gooey total mess. I am guessing that is probably a reflection of how dirty the throttle body is there. So how does the throttle body get all nasty like that? Only thing...
  6. ab_slack

Liftgate striker plate bolts

I am referring to the bolt that sticks out that the liftgate latches onto when you close it. I was hoping to replace the plastic piece on them in my 87 BII as part of a rattle reduction effort. When I pull it off, it has the large captive (one visible in the interior with liftgate open) that...
  7. ab_slack

Manual Transmission Fluid Change

Stock 5 speed manual in my 87 BII. It has been on my list to change the fluid on this as I am uncertain of how old the fluid is. Never done this before. As I understand this takes ATF. Any suggestions or concerns I should have particularly as I have never changed trans fluid before? I have...
  8. ab_slack

BroncoII Corral BII Facts

I was just looking at this page http://www.broncoiicorral.com/facts.htm It says under misc facts "1984-1985 Bronco II's had optional opening glass on the rear hatch. None of these had the rear the window wiper or defroster." I note that my 87 XL has opening glass and the original brochure I...
  9. ab_slack

88 BII ECU verses Ranger ECU

Is the ECU from an 88 Ranger with 2.9L the same as the ECU in a BII with 2.9L? Is there a difference between a ECU out of an automatic verses standard vehicle of that vintage?
  10. ab_slack

Exhaust time, but what about the cat?

My 87 BII has had some visible rust-thru at the very end of the tailpipe for some time now and I suspected some leaks further forward. There has been no sudden change, but a couple weeks ago it got to that point where it very definitely seemed louder. Got a look today and found that the intake...
  11. ab_slack

Shifter Boot Removal tips?

I need to adjust the transfer switch shifter cam plate (hope it is just that) in my 87 B2. To do this I need to remove to combined boot for the transfer case and transmission shifters. I have located the screws I need to remove. The challenge is the carpet. It is quite tight around the...
  12. ab_slack

B2 Runs poorly after drive shaft replacement and oil change

I had my B2 in the shop last week for a quick swap of rear drive shaft and to get an oil change My B2 is an 87 with a 2.9L, 5 spd manual, and manual 4wd transfer case. Before going into the shop it was running quite well. It made lots of clicking from the rear drive shaft (original OEM shaft...
  13. ab_slack

Bronco II Liftgate Latch Handle Broke, Falling out

I initially had a problem where the latch handle was turning and only intermittently would unlock the glass and never the main latch. This B2 came to me with this problem and hadn't investigated it when it further broke in a way where the handle was pulling an inch or two out of the hole and...
  14. ab_slack

Bronco II Drive Shaft Replacement/Measurement

I been digging and have come accross different pieces of information which has been getting me confused. So I expect this has been answered, but I don't know that I am understanding what I have read. I have 87 Bronco II, 2.9L, 4WD, 5 spd manual trans and manual transfer case. I have no idea...
  15. ab_slack

Initial Timing Questions + rough idle

87 Bronco II, 2.9L I have to questions about setting the initial timing 1) When I pull the shorting bar off to remove the electronic advance, is there still anything that will affect the advance or can I be certain that all advance is removed and that adjusting for 10deg will be the correct...