•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. dave84b2

Bogging down at 3k rpm

One more to check the IAC valve, it is a idle control valve if this is working correctly it will on start up speed the engine up on first start then the engine once warm it will idle back down, it took the replace of the old choke caps on older models, but does the same thing.. also a carboned...
  2. dave84b2

Bogging down at 3k rpm

I would check the fuel regulator, use something to depress the shrader valve on the fuel rail to see if there is fuel coming out be careful it may spray, you could also use a fuel pressure gauge and see what the pressure is, if all that is good then i would check the TFI module on the...
  3. dave84b2

Bogging down at 3k rpm

My dad had a 88 and we changed both fuel pumps, one in the tank and the other one is under the drivers door on the frame rail it is a canister with filter in it, it is the secondary pump, might want to check that..
  4. dave84b2

1984 Bronco II flywheel

@darkd0r , Your welcome, if you look at your rear transmission mount then look at one from a 1986 with the fm146 mitsubishi you will see the difference. It is straight across frame to frame, yours is stepped up and attaches on one side= drivers side, to the lower part of the frame and on the...
  5. dave84b2

Just a Bronco II , was a 2 year off frame restore, no major lift

@ bronco joe, here is a link to the video on youtube if that does not work go to youtube type in 1984 Bronco II Full Restore Video Part 1 , I put the video's in a playlist , there are 4 total with music.. they are a slideshow.. put your cursor over the lil pic in the top left corner and...
  6. dave84b2

@ bronco joe, ok, yeah when I got mine it was abused and pretty rusty, and when I did get it running i only drove it in the winter back then so it rusted pretty good, I paid 50 bucks for it, so putting money into it no biggie, see the plan is since I graduated in 1984 and it is a 1984, to still...
  7. dave84b2

1984 Bronco II flywheel

Your welcome, @darkd0r, you use the 1984 pilot bearing, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing all for the 1984, the flywheel from 86-88 2.9, knock the bearing out, with the 5 speed FM 146 you would have to replace the rear trans mount that goes from frame to frame, the toyo kogo sits...
  8. dave84b2

@bronco joe , In the first picture you will see a bronco II to the right of the blue one that was mine when I bought it, it was the dark blue with the light blue in the middle of the door, the blue one with the white tire carrier was my dads bronco II he bought, in the bottom of the first...
  9. dave84b2

@ JerryC i had the ones in the pic they are a heavy duty shock from Gabriel but they were too stiff, so i got some rancho adjustable shocks, set them on number 3 position and that works fine now pulling the camper, but must be on position one without camper.
  10. dave84b2

@ bronco joe, i used the raptor liner and sprayed it on with a harbor freight gun , i drilled the hole on the gun out to 1/8 then chamfered the inside so the gun would not leak, i taped off the separation line from the paint to the raptor liner, i did the bottom with 3 coats and towards the top...
  11. dave84b2

1984 Bronco II flywheel

if you have the 1984 you can use the one for a 1985-88 2.9 just have to knock the inner bearing out of it, then it is identical to what you already have, that is what i did and all is just fine. i got mine on rockauto.com , they have the throwout bearing and all but that must be for the 1984...
  12. dave84b2

Thanks Dennis, this is the first time I went this far into restoring a vehicle, it is my only vehicle so it is a daily driver, so I spent alot of time on just rust proofing it really well, since it will see salt and snow. Even went as far as when I changed the front coil buckets I used silicone...
  13. dave84b2

Thanks, JerryC it was fun for sure, I think the easiest part was laying on my back using a rust scaler and taking all the rust off of the frame and under floor, even though that took a little over a month by itself, 2 hours a day till done..
  14. dave84b2

Thanks duffy, yeah alot more room once you get rid of the tote full of not needed wires and hoses, computer and such.
  15. dave84b2

Last pic is the camper which I also rebuilt it from frame up, 1974 playmor
  16. dave84b2

Did it all myself but did take 2 years to get it all done, fixed all rust by cutting and welding in new pieces where needed, frame, axles, all steel pieces cleaned rust free then coated with por15 used 2 gallons, all new brake system with nicopp brake lines, stainless steel fuel line, used a...