•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. DasBroncon

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

Oh okay that's pretty cool. Yeah I always thought there was some sort of clearance issue. I never really understood the tech libraries explanation.
  2. DasBroncon

If I wasn't too broke right now.... I also had a question. You mentioned the D28 rad arms have a "Better Shock Mount" What exactly do you mean by that? Cause I know you have to move a shock mount in some way or another to switch to jeep coils.
  3. DasBroncon

I have to say this has been the most inspiring build I have ever read, it took me 5 days of reading when I had the time but I just finished. I'm amazed by the incredible work you did with just that bottom tier welder and pipe bender! A few paychecks from now, I'm gonna buy that welder and bender...
  4. DasBroncon

Das Broncon, Build and Wheelin pics. (pic heavy)

Just finished the hub conversion! stoked to have 4x4 again, gonna go night run some fire roads with a friend to celebrate! Before: After:
  5. DasBroncon

I bought a bigger torque wrench today, I am currently doing the hub swap, need a bigger magnet, apperently a fridge magnet is not enough :EDIT: Turns out a fridge magnet is strong enough! Got the first one on!
  6. DasBroncon

Just got back from Autozone with all the required tools. I went ahead and got the enclosed socket kind, like Junkie just posted, the lock nut fits right in there! My torque wrench only goes to 150 ft/lbs :dunno: Should I borrow a friends? or can I just keep cranking past 150? Agreed...
  7. DasBroncon

SWEET! That's super helpful! I checked autozones website and all my searches came up with the "4 prong spindle nut socket" It's in half inch drive. The tech library says to first torque to 35 lbs, then back it off a quarter turn and torque to 16 inch pounds. Then the outer lock nut goes on...
  8. DasBroncon

I'm starting to piece together the tools I need in general right now. I know I need a torque wrench for the manual hub swap, but I don't know if it should be 3/4, 1/2, 3/8, or 1/4" drive. I also don't know what size socket to use to turn the spindle nut. Hopefully I'm gonna go compare sizes at...
  9. DasBroncon

I'll update tomorrow. I'm going to pull my carpets and cut my rear wheel well because my tires are getting cut up by the wheel well every time I flex just a bit. I'll be rolling in bedliner to the inside of the cab where I remove the carpets and then re sealing the wheel wells with sealant...
  10. DasBroncon

locking question

I would only run a spool in the front for a dd, since it wouldn't be engaged unless you put it in 4x4
  11. DasBroncon

locking question

I think you're actually better off welding the front. Since you have auto or manual locking hubs. When the hubs are unlocked the differential won't be spinning and it won't interfere with your steering, once they lock, the axle shafts will start spinnin and everything will be locked
  12. DasBroncon

Returned to the scene of a earlier picture, to get a picture to compare the lift to stock height. Okay, now we are in present times. My hubs have pretty much exploded, the last trip we went out my 4 wheel drive completely failed because the hubs broke. I got jealous of my friends while I was...
  13. DasBroncon

.... continued At this point I had just gotten my new wheels, and tires. 33inch Mickey Thompson Baja Mtz's, I was super stoked to get that lift kit on! Here's where we were putting the lift kit on. The kid under the bumper is my good friend and has been since middle school. He's a...
  14. DasBroncon

Hello everyone! This is going to be mostly a wheeling pictures thread for my B2, and a few of my friends Rangers, but there will be build stuff too, I just don't have money to be constantly improving my truck. So far I have a 6 inch lift, an exhaust, and a custom driveshaft. Soon I'll be...
  15. DasBroncon

Universal Shock Hoops?

I am currently piecing together the tubing and joints for extended rad arms, and the next thing on my list is shock mount. I checked out the f-250 shock mount mod, but I want something that can mount higher and I do not want to cut my coil bucket. I was wondering if these "Universal Shock Hoops"...