•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. spdcrazy

moving TTB forward?

i was thinking of moving my TTB forward some when i finish building my 35/44. looks like the easiest way would be to have another engine craddle and put it in front of the stock craddle. then drill the passenger frame rail for the drop bracket. only thing else i can see that one would need to...
  2. spdcrazy

spring rate and ppi? same thing?

i'm looking into some other coil's to use. read the tech library about the jeep rancho 6423's. and those have 240 ppi. saw some on rustysoffroad that look tempting, but they are labeled as 150 lb spring rate same thing but different wording? thoughts?
  3. spdcrazy

WTF? how does this happen?

kinda interesting.... how does this happen?
  4. spdcrazy

talk to me about shackle angles

tell me about my shackle angle. i know the ruff rule of thumb is 90 degrees for the leaf to shackle angle. but i feel like i need to have the shackle be more horizontal. thoughts on how to correct this? it rides really well the way it is, but i don't think it will droop as well as it should and...
  5. spdcrazy

where to buy body mount bracket

i'm in the middle of relocating my body mounts due to installing 64in chevy leaf springs. but i chewed one of the brackets up pretty good. where does a guy go to get one? google and TRS search didn't help. and autozone helped with the leaf spring hangers, but can't find this...
  6. spdcrazy

8.8 rear end swap u joint question

got an 86 bronco 2 thats getting an 8.8 soon. but the 8.8 came out of a 96 explorer, and the flange is bigger than my 7.5. my thoughts, grab the end of the 96 explorer drive shaft, and get the conversion u joint from the 7.5 to 8.8 u joint. use my 7.5 shaft with the 8.8 cap. and call it a day...
  7. spdcrazy

cut and turn 5in est lift, eb coils?

hey i'm soon to be running a dana 35, cut and turned, with 44 knuckles. will setup the truck for 37's but prob run 35's most of the time. wanting to stay around 5 or 6in of lift. which springs should i look at? i'll be making new coil buckets and my main goal is flex. i was thinking EB coils...
  8. spdcrazy

8.8 swap driveshaft question

i'm about to swap a 94 explorer 8.8 into my 86 bronco. i have the small driveshaft and i need the bigger one. the tech library says i can use any 8.8 shaft built after 1990? is this correct? it will be the correct length? and the correct front flange as well?
  9. spdcrazy

chevy leaf's UNDER frame on a b2

Ok so the next project on the B2 is a chevy leaf swap UNDER the frame. I picked up a 8.8 the other day so I need to weld on the new spring perchs and shock mounts. I have more research and measuring to do but I have a few questions i'd like to get answered while i'm learning. I plan on a reverse...
  10. spdcrazy

craigslist explorer axle

i found a 94 explorer rear axle for sale localy. was interested for the leafs, but it looks like it is an 8.8.. drum brakes, 3.73 gears like i need and 31 splines. any easy way to tell? what should i look for good or bad on the axle?
  11. spdcrazy

2.9 exhuast questions

ok i can't seem to find a clear cut answer. but being that i want to have 2.5in exhaust with stock manifolds, do i just need a short expansion pipe to go from stock size to the 2.5? and if so where should i place it? just in front of the muffler? or as far forward as i can easily? going without...
  12. spdcrazy

cleaning up steering column

anyone ever removed the tilt wheel on a b2? its the last thing i have on the steering column and i want it gone! also, anyone have any info on how to switch the ingnition cylinder housing to one that i can mount on a flat panel? don't know what all the wires go to on the big connector off the...
  13. spdcrazy

Quick Help needed OBD1

Got a '87 Bronco II 2.9L ...looking for the OBD1 diagnostic port. Was told it was on the passenger side near the airbox, can't find it looked every where. Anyone know where it is located? Thanks
  14. spdcrazy

m50d drive shaft issues

ok i got the m50d tranny in my 87 b2, but the front shaft is too short and the rear is too long, by about 3 in or so. stock 7.5 rear and dana 28 up front. anyone know if the explorer/ranger etc. shafts fit? or should i just go to my driveshaft shop and get them reworked?
  15. spdcrazy

some quick help please? 2wd tranny

ok my DD just died on me so i really need to get my B2 running again. its a 89 b2 with the toyo tranny, cept its fried. and i have a 2wd tranny outta a ranger. can i slap it up in my b2 and use my stock driveline? or do i need a 2wd ranger driveline? and are the flanges the same? i'm sure you...
  16. spdcrazy

e brake line problems on RC 4in lift

ok so i'm installing the Rough Country 4in lift on my b2. got the rear done no problem. now working on the front. but then i started to look around a bit. and it seems that the drivers side e brake line is tighter that it needs to be. any ideas on how to reroute it? or lengthen it? looks like...
  17. spdcrazy

4in lift and 35's?

i was going to go 33's like everyone else. but in the tech library it says i could go 35's with a 3in lift and fender trimming... this doesn't sound right? but is it?
  18. spdcrazy

rough country 4in lift

is it worthy? i have dibs on one brand new for 300 shipped. if i want it. everything looks like its good.