•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. R

m5od swap slave cylinder fitting question

Ok, so I am doing an a4ld to m5od swap in an 88 B2 and I have a nice steel braided line from the master to the slave but the trans is a 93 explorer and the slave fitting is different (earlier I believe, the black one), my question is can I get the earlier fitting for the 93 slave cyl? The custom...
  2. R

Brake bleed issue w non AL diff swap?

I got a nice ls diff w/o anti lock which my original diff had. It was a ranger stx one I got for 60 bucks w the same gear ratio and after replacing all the brakes and hydraulics, hoses etc the pedal is soft on top? Bled it a lot and I am curious if there is an issue w now not having the ls plug...
  3. R

fuel pump works sometimes and doesnt others.

The fuel pump on my B2 was not always working so I replaced them both. worked ok for a few weeks then it would not start and it was obvious it was the fuel pump because it did not make any sound. Go back later and it would work? I tried the cut off switch and it seemed fine, is there a relay or...
  4. R

steering link possibilities for B2

Question is what year ranger or explorer steering links will work in my 88 B2? I can get much newer ones on the cheap from the jy but I want to get the newest one that will work. Will a 95 explorer set fit my 88 B2, how about 00 ranger 4x4? Thanks for any input.
  5. R

93 m5od to 88 B2 clutch line?

I just did an a4ld auto to M5od swap and I went to hook up the hydraulic line and it would not fit? I got a clutch line from an explorer that I think was a 94 or 95 and the connector wouldn't fit. which line will fit? do I need a 93 line only? I really hope I don't have to pull the trans out and...
  6. R

auto to 5 spd gasket question

I have got everything almost ready to complete the a4ld to m5od swap, question is that I do not have the 5 speed metal gasket that goes between the trans and block. Can I modify the auto one to work or do I need to go pull a trans at the jy to get a 5 speed one?
  7. R

ECM compatibility?

I am doing an auto to m5od swap and a counter guy at my local jy said it is somewhat specific when swapping ECMs. I am doing an 88 so my question is what years will work? is there a certain range or is it a number thing? Thanks for experienced help.
  8. R

front TTB D35 diff options?

I am getting ready to have the d35 I got out of a 93 explorer rebuilt for my 88 B2 and I am curious which diff to run? I will be using it as an expedition/forestry road, all purpous rig and I want better than open diff traction w/o a selectable (super expensive) diff. Is a true trac w the...
  9. R

m5od swap question/ hydraulic compatability

Hey experienced Bronco2 folks, I am doing the m5od into 88B2 w auto swap and I want to make sure and get the correct hydraulics. I searched the tech articles and wasn't sure so am asking, I have the pedals from an 88 installed and want to know if I should get a master for an 88 B2? And will the...
  10. R

auto to manual swap

hey experienced bronco 2 folks, I am doing a manual swap into my 88 b2 and I got the pedals and bracket from the jy out of a 90 ranger and it doesnt fit. Saw a thread that said 88 and up would work but the column mount bolts in my 88 are narrower than the ranger ones? I want to do the pedals...
  11. R

good deal on 88 B2 I think?

I bought a really straight 88B2 w a bad tranny the guy sold me for 500$. question is when you put it in gear nothing changes and it wont even idle different. Guy I bought it from says he gave it to his son in law for labor he didnt finish so when it died he got it back. I didnt even do anything...
  12. R

Belltech 6400 leveling question.

I am replacing my old B2 leaf shackles w the belltech 6400 ones, question is how much will I need to "spacer" the front coils to get it level? looks like when you add an inch to the coil spring in the form of a spacer you end up w more than an inch? Most threads I have seen say you add 1 & 1/2"...
  13. R

1" front coil spacer to match shackles?

I just got my 4" class 2 skyjacker kit w the extended length arms (ooo they look nice) but my question is that I was thinking of getting the belltech 6400 shackles that would give me another inch, plus a little more drop. is there an affordable 1" front coil spacer to even it out other than the...
  14. R

explorer leaf springs in 88B2

Ok so I am semi techno retarded as I posted this thread twice (trying to add a thanks) I am really just curious how much lift is achieved in an 88 B2 when newer explorer leaf springs are used? I want newer springs and can get jy stuff way cheap. I will be ponying up for a front system that I...
  15. R

explorer leaf springs in 88B2

I am doing the lift part of my build now. Got an 8.8, D35, Explorer Driveshafts, etc welded the perches and I cant decide about the lift? Ok I can afford the stage 3 duff kit (barely). I want extended length radius arms and would prefer 4 in of susp lift. I did a 2in body lift already, but can I...
  16. R

7.5 year cross over?

I am curious if I can use the diff out of my 88 b2 ls will work in the housing on my 97 ranger? I am swapping an 8.8 from an explorer into my b2 and I would like to have the 4.10 ls in my 2x ranger. It has an inept open diff that sucks in wet or frozen stuff and if I can use the older ls I would...
  17. R

Roll cage options for my bronco2

Does anyone know the best roll cage for my bronco2? I have it gutted out and want to get a basic cage for it that hopefully allows me to avoid new seats etc. I can weld but I dont want to fab the whole thing, thanks for any insights.
  18. R

rear diff swap from 89 b2 to 97 ranger

Hey, does anyone know if the 7.5 in my 89 B2 (w 410LS) will work in my 97 Ranger w a 7.5? the "peg leg" in the Ranger is lame in the wet or frozen and I am going to put an 8.8 in the Bronco anyhow. Main question is whether the anti lock in the 89 will work in the 97 or will the brake light be in...
  19. R

Back gate cracked

Is there a way to fix the cracked gate that was due to the spare tire carrier. Can it be reinforced to stop it getting worse?