•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. W

88 Bronco 2 Rear wiper/washer and Defroster Option Commonaility With 3 Year Ownership Updates

How common was the rear wiper and washer option for the Bronco 2's? Seems I find them without either most often, is that usually the case? Now that mine is working I'm happy but during the winter with all the road spray that back window was useless most of the time so having a working...
  2. W

Weird Finding On Rear Wiper/Defroster Not Working Problem

I've owned my 88 B2 for almost 3 years now, since I've owned it the rear wiper and rear defrost have never worked. All along I've suspected a bad wire or wires somewhere, bad fusible link, bad motor and wiring to the defrost grid too. Yesterday I looked up a wiring diagram in the ford manual...
  3. W

My 88 Bronco 2 is getting a new heart

About 3 months ago things seemed to go from bad to worse, the old and tired 2.9L V6 in my Bronco 2 went from being somewhat driveable to questionable if I'd make it back home before it decided to start throwing parts out the side of the block. So I parked it and started driving my other vehicle...
  4. W

Time has come for an engine

So, the engine in my 88 B2 has had issues and have of course got worse the past year. It smokes really bad burning oil as well as numerous oil leaks. Burns oil bad enough that it will foul the plugs...mostly just the front plug on the driver's side so up until now I have just replaced that...
  5. W

Found On Craigslist - 1986 Bronco 2

Someone got a really nice start with this one. Wish I had the money. If someone is in the Boise Idaho area this may be something to check out. https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1986-ford-bronco-ii-xlt-2dr/6599808117.html
  6. W

Possibly Picking up 2 Bronco 2's

I contacted someone this morning regarding their Craigslist Ad having 2 Bronco 2's for sale, one supposedly runs, the other is a donor with no engine but supposedly a good transmission...yep of course A4LD's. Anyhow, I'm thinking if they contact me back and I buy them and swap in the working...
  7. W

Broken Power Steering & AC Comp Bracket

Well, good news is I got the new radiator installed, but during the process of doing so and replacing the thermostat I noticed the belts for the AC compressor and the Power Steering pump were loose. The power steering pump had been squealing when turning, and I thought I had a leak. Well...
  8. W

Found on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Ford-Bronco-II-Doomsday-Prepper-Hybrid-Over-100k-Invested-/401292823110?hash=item5d6eea8a46:g:1z8AAOSwzgBYzD13&vxp=mtr Looks pretty well prepared for anything to me. Tons of stuff, time and money put into that rig.
  9. W

Merry Christmas Bronco 2 Family

Merry Christmas to all of our Bronco 2 members. Stay safe, and hope everyone gets everything they want/need this Christmas.
  10. W

1988 Bronco 2, Installing a Power Inverter

What's the recommended way to install a power inverter? I was thinking using a circuit breaker rather than a fuse, but what size should the circuit breaker be? I have access to a 5,000 watt inverter so that will be what gets installed. I was also thinking of hooking the inverter up to a 2nd...
  11. W

Updated Stereo For Bronco 2

What's a descent stereo & speaker package that would be good to put in an 88 B2 with the Premium sound system? I believe only 2 speakers are currently working, the others are probably blown. Apparently there's an amp hidden somewhere as well since I have the premium sound system and its an...
  12. W

88 Bronco 2 Dome Lights

Seems the driver's side door switch for the dome lights is bad, how hard is it to replace one? Haven't tried removing it yet, but seems like it should just pull out of the hole pretty easily. The other thing is I'm debating about replacing the dome lights, front and rear with something a bit...
  13. W

Adding an Automatic Transmission Temp Gauge - A4LD

I'd like to put a temperature gauge in my 88 B2 for the transmission. Is the A4LD automatic of course. Has anyone done so, any places to get the components to do so, and how do I tap into a cooler line to do this? I have an external cooler on the transmission, and thinking of putting the...
  14. W

1988 Bronco 2, Project

Alright, so after a bit of conference on TRS about my recently purchased 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco 2, I've decided that it will become a daily driver, its in pretty good condition, the only thing I noticed was the normal worn out driver's seat, everything else is in pretty good condition, the hood...
  15. W

Brake Caliper Retaining Pin Keeps Coming Out

Ok, so shortly after getting my 84 Bronco 2, I had a weird scraping noise up front. Found the caliper pin on the passenger side caliper on the top was about to fall out. Pounded it back in. Then had some work done on the front end for an alignment and bearings, and the shop replaced both of...
  16. W

Boise Area Craigslist Ad...Anyone Need A B2

So I ran across a Craigslist ad tonight, and would be an awesome deal for anyone in the area that has the time and money, tools, and knowledge to put them back together. http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/4309457358.html
  17. W

Need to Unload my B2

Ok, well as much as I hate to, I have got to get rid of my Bronco 2. I can't afford to try and fix the Bronco 2 as much as it needs it just keeps eating holes in my pockets and I can't afford to keep throwing money at it. Anyone have any suggestions on a price, I don't want to lose what I...
  18. W

Anyone with a manual choke on their 2.8L

I have an 84 Bronco 2, with the 2.8L V6. The choke setup has never worked from day one, and not sure if the wiring is connected or what the problem may be. So now with the cold weather of course not having a choke makes trying to warm the B2 up is a pain, it just wants to die for the first few...
  19. W

2.8L Radiator Replacement, Which Radiator?

Currently my 84 B2 has the 2 core radiator, anyhow its about 2-3" wide, I have a spare radiator from parts given to me, however it is a single core so its about 1-1/2" wide. Would it be ok to use this radiator or do I need that extra core? I don't have A/C and I have a manual transmission.
  20. W

84 Bronco II Camber Kit

So after the alignment fiasco yesterday on my Bronco 2, I was told the only thing they weren't able to do was the Camber adjustments because the camber kit is no longer produced. Is this true? Anyone have any suggestions on a way to adjust the camber if this kit isn't available?