•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

89 Bronco II Blower Motor/Evaporator core enclosure replacement

:LOL: Ford doesn't have to know... I've welded in Crocs before, would not recommend.
  2. M

rear window swap

I've used LMC for parts before, Bronco Graveyard as well. Both really good resources. I found some more diagrams for the rear hatch window if you're interested, might be stuff you've already seen but doesn't hurt. You can see the difference in the latch mechanism on the stationary and moving...
  3. M

IDFK What's going on with my 2.9l. Starts and runs fine when cold, when warm it jerks and starts with misfire... sometimes.

It's been a few months but I had already converted to r134a at this point, thanks for the info boss.
  4. M

ISO Rear window wiper assembly information

I've been wondering about the possibility of putting an oem rear window wiper on my 89, but can't find much information on them. On this post I'm looking specifically for info from someone that has had one apart and seen first-hand what the assembly looks like. From what I understand the wiper...
  5. M

rear window swap

I really have no idea how old any of the listings are or if the sites are reputable, I just spent a little while googling and came up with that stuff. Do you mean if you removed the rear glass and rubber from a non-lifting-window liftgate you'd see holes at the top ledge where the hinges mount...
  6. M

rear window swap

Gotcha. I did some digging and found a little bit of what you might be looking for. Hinges: http://www.2040-parts.com/ford-bronco-ii-rear-hatch-glass-hinges-very-rare-i1983195/ Glass (with hinges and handle): https://www.nextechclassifieds.com/listings/821484/ Take a look at this picture...
  7. M

89 Bronco II Blower Motor/Evaporator core enclosure replacement

Spent some time working on the 89 over the past week (most of that time was waiting for parts). Pulled it in the shop to do one thing and the water pump was pissing water from the gasket. That's another story, but I got it replaced and no more leaks. Onto the A/C. About a year ago I was in a...
  8. M

1989 Bronco II Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement...

I know it's been a while, but I've had the cluster out of my 89 a half dozen times or so (don't ask, I'm weird). It's not too bad of a job, the speedo cable is the worst part. First pull out the ashtray/cigarette lighter thing (just under a/c controls) and you'll see a tab at the top, push on...
  9. M

rear window swap

Was browsing through the site and found this thread. Did you have luck with the swap? Have to swap the entire liftgate?
  10. M

Question 1: 4.0 Swap

I know you asked for concrete evidence, but I'ma give you what I understand about it (definitely not concrete). I've never done a 4.0 swap though. In 96 every car switched to OBDII (EEC-V for Ford) diagnostics system. Prior to that Ford used EEC-IV (OBDI). This causes issues because it requires...
  11. M

87 b2 no spark no tach

Wiring can be hellish man, nothing to feel stupid over. Glad you got it fixed! Have fun tightening the distributor hold down bolt, gonna be elbow deep in there.
  12. M

87 Donor parting out

Hey boss, you still have the front axle available? Also, what gear ratio is it? Worst case I can buy the front and rear end if the front isn't a 3.45 but I'd rather not have to pull the rear end out of mine just for that. Also need the radius arms, springs, and steering linkage if you got it...
  13. M

87 Donor parting out

The "heater core" looking thing would actually be your evaporator core (for the air conditioning). The heater core is up under the dashboard inside the cabin (look for the two heater hoses going into your firewall, heater core is on the other side).
  14. M

87 b2 no spark no tach

85 didn't come with the 2.9, only a 2.8. 86 (edit: I wrote 87 before, it was 86 they switched) is when they switched to the 2.9. Did you see the BII that the ECU came from and it had a 2.9? 2.8 is a carb engine so you'd immediately be able to tell the difference.
  15. M

New heads for my 1987 BII

As long as you have the 2.9l the heads should fit. The '89 model was the front-end re-design but there weren't any changes to the engine. It is known for cracked heads, but only if the engine overheats. If you have the money to buy the new heads then I'd say 100% do it, but don't break the...
  16. M

New heads for my 1987 BII

https://promaxxperformance.com/product/ford-2-9-new-full/ I got two new cylinder heads from these guys almost a year ago and haven't had any issues at all with them. They're not stock, they're a reinforced casting that's supposed to prevent cracking (which is a known issue for 2.9l heads)...
  17. M

Fluid leaking from exhaust manifold & exhaust

I might be a bit late now but a surefire way to know that it is a head gasket is to pull your radiator cap off (when the engine isn't running please, unless you like boiling hot fluid touching your eyeballs), then start the engine, and watch the fluid level in the radiator. With as much fluid as...
  18. M

I need advice on my 87 Bronco 2 with a $7.500 appraisal lol

Sounds like the tax office saw on the tellyvision that the new bronco is coming out and figured your truck must be worth millions. Little do they know everybody hates the BII because it's ugly and not a FSB 😂.
  19. M

production date

There should be a tag on your driver's side door jamb with that info. If you need help identifying it:
  20. M

Electric cooling fan conversion

Sup Jerry. Unrelated completely to the OP, but do you know of any decent LED headlights for an 89-90 front end? There's some on ebay but they all have that really shitty "aftermarket modern" look and replace the blinker\DTRs. I just want a brighter rectangle to replace my dull rectangles.