•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

Bronco-II rugged v8 sas build

Got so many other projects done, it's this ones turn for attention. Frame is up for the initial strip down. Got the bare rolling chassis next to it for measurements I actually just got done taking everything off the F150 frame. I'm about to cut brackets off now, and prep it for more...
  2. D

Well, I need to use the 9.75 parts for my DD. I do have a 9.375 from a '71 Thunderbird. A new diff and gears will give me a bullet proof 9" rear. It's already set for larger bearings. It's also less than 2" different wms fron the EB D44. And a truss for a 9" is easy to come by, and cheap. The...
  3. D

Going to be a 5.8. I'm going to put in an Explorer cam, GT40 heads, and keep an eye out for an efi intake. Either a Lightning lower, complete aftermarket, or run the ported out truck lower I have with a 5.0 truck upper. Run this all on a stand alone Explorer harness and ecm. I have plenty...
  4. D

Measured it all out. Preliminary findings is to narrow frame rails 5.5", cut 50" out of middle, and cut a few pieces out here and there to shorten up the rear section. The front crossmember must be entirely removed and relocated for the steering box. Most body mounts will have to be moved up...
  5. D

Life... Anyways, glad I didn't start yet. I found a 2007 F150 frame today, cheap, that looks brand new. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. This will be way faster, and a better fit in the end. I can shorten, narrow, and weld this frame back together. The engine, and rest of the drivetrain...
  6. D

It is a lot of stainless mig wire. Not to mention all the pre-heat and post-heat. I wrecked a welding blanket and singed a comforter. The 9" in the dune truck is far worse than anticipated. I blew the limited slip apart, bolts came loose from the ring gear(bad china bolts), gears are trashed...
  7. D

I have to finish my cut-n-turn I-beams for my dune toy, '96 F150, first(done awaiting install). Then I am on to this truck. Doner frame is bare, body is scrapped. And here is a sneak peak of the D44 I built over the winter
  8. D

Eaton Detroit TrueTrac. Look them up. They use gears and work amazing. Virtually can't wear out.
  9. D

I was on these forums years ago when I was in highschool. The account is long lost. Found a decent 87 to start with. Found another junk one with a doner frame. Going to have... EB D44 I built the crap out of Narrowed 9.75 in the rear 4.56 gear with detroit tru-trac front and rear M5OD/1356...