•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. E

1984 Bronco 2 - Sat for 15 years

Looks like I fooled myself here - there's actually 6!
  2. E

It's been a while since I've posted.... life's been busy. Bought a new house (100 years old is new right?) this summer, have been working full time, and I'm taking the final two courses to finally finish my EE degree this fall. Haven't had a whole lotta time for the Bronco 2 :nopitya: There...
  3. E

Finally got around to replacing all of my tie rods - can't believe I waited this long! It drives like a dream now, smooth as butter turning and driving in a straight line has never been easier. :icon-cheers: Before shot - from last year sometime. On the lift with the old tie rods removed...
  4. E

Also - the Bronco II is sort of on hold for a while... I'm getting close to getting the Mustang running again. Pulled the 289 out in 2018. Dropped in the 302 in 2019 302 with 289 water pump 302 with '84 LTD Crown Vic water pump, new belt, hoses, radiator and fan. So this weekend I'm...
  5. E

Finally got around to painting the wheels... don't mind the Snapchat text - my millennial is showing lol. Washed, wire wheeled, wiped down with alcohol, primed, and painted all four wheels. They didn't come out perfect, but these wheels were really too rusty to be ever be brought back 100%. I...
  6. E

Alright, one more post before another 6 months of radio silence from me. Last Fall I needed to use my heater for the first time. It got warm and worked fine, but I noticed it was pretty stinky. I replaced the heater box earlier in the summer and vacuumed/cleaned out the vents behind it (because...
  7. E

Thanks! I'm still looking for a halfway decent headliner foam piece. Mine was not salvageable unfortunately... just the thought of the smell when I pulled it down still gives me the heebie jeebies :bad: Spare parts are always nice! For me, it's usually a mix of money and time. I'll have...
  8. E

Of course when you start driving your POS every day, you notice the quality of life items a little bit more. My front two speakers were both blown and sounded reallll bad. So I got some speakers (free) but they were unfortunately the wrong size. So a little redneck engineering, built a quick and...
  9. E

I mentioned having some issues related to cold weather. My drive to work is about 8 miles, so in cold weather my truck is just getting warmed up by the time I'm parking. I THINK (still not really sure) that my short trips are creating a lot of condensation issues. My air filter is getting nice...
  10. E

Soooooo it's only been like 6 months since my last post. The truck is still alive and kicking which I think is a win in itself. I'm trying to remember what I've all done with the truck since last fall and find the pictures I took at the time. Unfortunately everything is scattered so what is...
  11. E

The Bronco II is still alive and well boys. I'll post an update soon. I've had some issues related to the cold weather, but she is still chugging along.
  12. E

Newer (2001) 4.0 swap?

Your best bet is to do some research here: https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/index-engine-fuel.shtml and Post any questions there as well (if you're serious about getting information).
  13. E

Quiiiiite the project. So, I ordered the window belts/weatherstripping. I am still working on this project, but here's a shot of the door without the door panel and a shot of the other side with the panel. Just for the sake of documentation. I replaced the shocks this weekend with the help...
  14. E

Notice anything different??? Look at that shiny new carb! And what's that?? A no A/C heater box! With no hole! But wait! There's more! A new power steering pump! Soooo pretty So next up, I'm looking at shocks and tie rod ends. Also need some new window belts / weatherstrip to make...
  15. E

The top gasket I ended up using. It doesn't match the original 100%, but looks pretty much right. Here it is all done. I will post a full "after" shot in the next few days. I've also done a few other projects besides this, that I need to take some photos of. That's all for now folks!
  16. E

And here are some "after" shots. I still need to take some pictures of the carburetor in the truck. Then of course, I ordered a rebuild kit. And then of course.... I opened it to realize it was the wrong kit. Sort of. So then after waiting another week for the new kit, I found out...
  17. E

Yes, the floors are okay... for now lol. I still need to bondo up the whole on the roof. Surprisingly not a ton of (destructive) rust on the frame/underside. Obviously it's rusty, but there aren't big holes or giant flaky patches really. Anyway, I've had a busy summer with this truck. First...
  18. E

Front suspension. Plan to get new shocks, tie rods, and bushings up here as soon as I can afford it. You can also see she's got a slight leak from up top (already replaced driver side valve cover gasket which did wonders). Here's the engine bay as she sits now. There also seems to be a...
  19. E

Definitely don't wanna put groceries in your trunk after you've seen this.... Of course after I pulled this panel off, I pulled the other side off and found it wasn't quite so bad, but still nasty over there too. Found that the rats/mice also made it up to the headliner. So the headliner...
  20. E

My first vehicle was a 1989 Bronco 2. It had deep red interior and a 4.0L. I loved that truck, but it was 2010 and I think that's when gas was in the $4 a gallon range. I traded it for a Jetta that leaked gas into the oil and ended up getting about the same MPG anyway. I've regretted that ever...