•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

SOLD! 1989 Bronco 2 for sale

1989 Bronco 2 for sale. ODO shows 86643, has many new parts: New radiator, electric fan conversion, heater core, water hoses, power steering pump, all tie rods, cat back exhaust, Explorer rear springs with new bushings, fuel pump/sending unit, 5 tires, windshield, headliner, fresh garage paint...
  2. D

WTB.....86-87 58MM Throttle body.

What the title says.....I want to try a 58mm throttle body from a 86-87 2.9L............anybody have one they want to part with?
  3. D

A4LD problem.....

When I got this this B2 (1989 4x4 auto) the trans shifted oddly ( hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts). I flushed the trans and made sure it was good clean fluid at the proper level. Discovered the vacuum shift module was allowing trans fluid into the intake so replaced the module. Then the trans wouldn't...
  4. D

WTB.......89' OEM radio with tape deck.

Functional of course......I have an aftermarket (Sony) that the tape deck no longer functions on. Anyone have a spare sitting on the shelf they would be interested in parting with?
  5. D

WTB Rear drive shaft

My 89' B2 has a CV joint rear drive line that had bad boots.....I cleaned it up, greased it and put universal boots on it. It has a bit of play at both ends and when I get up to around 60+ mph it starts to vibrate a tad bit.....not horrible and not noticeable below 60. I want to replace it with...
  6. D

Speedometer error correction......

I have an 89' B2 with auto (A4LD), 4x4 (electric shift), 3.73 gears (according to the door tag) 205-75-15 tires, and a white speedo gear (17 tooth). My speedo reads high at all speeds. It reads 10 mph high at GPS indicated 60mph (reads 70mph). Internet cruising indicates that I need to get a...
  7. D

Cooling system problems....

Sprung a leak on the POS plastic/aluminum radiator (too many heat cycles I guess). Tried some Barr's leak stop with the hope it would stop. No go....ordered a new radiator and thermostat. Was checking over the hoses and fan, when I discovered that the plastic fan was cracked in numerous spots...
  8. D

A4ld flushing..........

I'm going to post this for the folks like myself who don't have ready access to an extra set of hands (ie a helper). After determining which line was the return (the upper on the trans) I followed it to the cooler (mine uses the radiator and has an additional cooler in front of the radiator). I...
  9. D

Rear ABS light and brake light on constantly.....

When I got this B2 it had both lights on constantly.....my brother test drove and looked it over for me and said all dash lights were off/operating normally. The gent that I bought it from wanted his battery back and I had a spare so when he delivered it I yanked the battery and gave it back to...
  10. D

Missing vacuum line.........

89 with a 2.9L........passenger side in the engine compartment towards the fire wall between the FI manifold and the AC box is a hard vacuum line that runs from the fender liner (comes out of a wrapped bundle) and runs around the back of the engine over to the drivers side of the engine. It has...
  11. D

Hard starting 1989 B2.......

I just got this B2 last weekend......when it has sat overnight it takes a lot of cranking to get it started. Once started and ran for a few minutes it will re-start just fine. I am thinking that something (the fuel pump possibly) isn't holding pressure. I was told by PO that it also has an...
  12. D

New guy

Just got an 89' Bronco II Saturday. It needs some work, nothing all that serious but might be time consuming. I may be asking questions while I wait for manual to get here.