•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Uncle Gump

Running Rich

This story seems to be typical with aftermarket injectors. Glad it helped...
  2. Uncle Gump

Rear upper shock mount replacement issue.

I haven't really had a need to search them out. I'm pretty sure some of the Ranger units are available. Even if a bit different... maybe drill a new hole or two.
  3. Uncle Gump

Moved up to a Bronco Raptor.

This is the local ad.... crazy price.
  4. Uncle Gump

Moved up to a Bronco Raptor.

They have a white one sitting at our local dealer. It's pretty impressive I must say. I just can't get past the asking price... I'm still praying to hit the lottery. Congrats Jerry... be sure to keep us in the know and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  5. Uncle Gump

'89 Ford Bronco II For Sale

Gents... That for sale add was nearly 10 years ago. He also hasn't been back to this site since the day he posted the for sale ad.
  6. Uncle Gump

1986 Bronco II XLT 2.9L 4WD Auto Trans - Interior Lights

So by isolating the circuit that goes to the dome and cargo lights... does that mean you pulled the door jamb switches and checked those? Lamp power goes through those to provide power fir the lamps.
  7. Uncle Gump

HELP I can’t identify this part

Looks like a mechanical fuel pump. @tw205
  8. Uncle Gump

1985 ford bronco 2 pack of fuel

I would do a fuel volume and pressure test. Volume test is easy. Disconnect fuel line from the carb... run line into a see thru bottle. Crank engine over and see if you're getting good squirts of fuel. If you can make it run... that fuel pump should about fill a pop bottle in about 10 to 15...
  9. Uncle Gump

Running Rich

You could certainly try... I think you'll be surprised at the results. Check local junk yards for a used set. They can be tested cleaned and rebuilt. There are also companies that sell quality matched sets. They're pricey but worth it. Swap in the old ones and see if it's better... then...
  10. Uncle Gump

Running Rich

I personally be suspect of the replacement injectors you installed. Hopefully you didn't pitch the injectors you removed and can put them back in. Lots if horror stories about low quality injectors.
  11. Uncle Gump

1988 Bronco II clutch issue

I've never had it happen with a clutch... but I've had similar in the brake system. Brakes will work fine... next application it goes to the floor. Next one they're back to the top. It's always the fault of the master cylinder. I would suspect it would be the same issue with the clutch...
  12. Uncle Gump

All interior lights not working

Actually... disconnect it. Then put a new fuse in and see if it blows.
  13. Uncle Gump

That's about all you can do... Those bulbs get hot... after 30+ years... shit haopens.
  14. Uncle Gump

The bulb is burned out... or the lamp housing is burned? If it's the bulb... that won't pop a fuse. If it's the housing... fix that and see if it fixes it.
  15. Uncle Gump

Dome lamp only... Dome/cargo with lamps on warning...
  16. Uncle Gump

I would start a headlamp switch also. I've seen more then one that seen to much heat and melted I'll post some dome lamp schematics in a bit...
  17. Uncle Gump

Mystery spring in driver's side door latch. (1990 w/power locks)

No... they shouldn't automatically lock. That would spell disaster and lock keys in the vehicle. Been awhile since I've looked at one of these latches... so I just can't help much.
  18. Uncle Gump

1990 Bronco II Driveway Restoration, video series.

I'll be following along...
  19. Uncle Gump

2.8l with sniper efi pros cons

The factory fuel and ignition systems on the 2.8L have a lot to be desired. Most common upgrades are Duraspark ignition and an appropriate sized 2100 carb. The thought of a reliable fuel injection system with a proper ignition system sounds like a great idea. I'm just not sure about the...
  20. Uncle Gump

Out with the old...

I feel your pain...