•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Toasted

Cluster Warning Light Overlay + Fuel Tank

Thanks for your input. I figured it would cost more to properly clean the tank than to just buy a new one, so that's what I did. I'll be installing it on Friday give or take a day.
  2. Toasted

Cluster Warning Light Overlay + Fuel Tank

Does anyone have a lit up overlay for the center? I forget what it all has. Need for 87 tach cluster. Also, my tank has a bunch of crispy bits in it. Should I clean it or just buy a new tank? A few suppliers have one for 90$. Here's the tank's inside Here's my cluster
  3. Toasted

84-88 or 89-90 trim panels?

The one I saw at a junkyard didn't seem to have a pocket on either side, but maybe that's due to it having a spare inside rather than outside on the hatch. Might have confused me, but yeah in the rear cargo area.
  4. Toasted

84-88 or 89-90 trim panels?

I know for a fact they're different. Not very much so, but different enough to make me want to maybe change over my interior. I know the 89-90's dont have a rear storage pocket like 84-88 does, unless that was only on the one I saw. Kinda wondering if the 84-88 interior will match well with the...
  5. Toasted

B2 4x4 module 8 pin wire color/pinout

Still in the same boat, wire colors don't match with the diagram. Really wondering why it's like that. Went under it, surprise surprise it didnt help. Honestly at a loss here, and will continue to be unless theres a way to check what goes where somehow!
  6. Toasted

B2 4x4 module 8 pin wire color/pinout

While I was pulling out my dash speakers, my 8 pin connector decided to unpin itself. I tried to follow the wire colors from a '90 (where I got a new connector) but the last three don't match up. There should be orange/white, yellow/white, and red/white?, But instead I have two greens (one...
  7. Toasted

87 b2 no spark no tach

Yard must have mislabeled it then, but it was probably an 86, no tach. Very clear it had a 2.9. Turns out the coil negative (dark green/yellow) broke internally somewhere on its way across the bay. Ran a new temporary wire and it sparks good. Just needs to be timed and off she goes. I feel...
  8. Toasted

87 b2 no spark no tach

Test was inconclusive, I'm only one person but everything checked out besides wiring. Just checked spout, one side has 10.2v (probably shouldn't) and the other references battery. Coil checks out, TFI checks out, PIP rotor and cap are good. No spark at all from any point, my bad guess is that...
  9. Toasted

87 b2 no spark no tach

At wits end over this. Replaced plugs, wires, pickup, rotor, cap, coil, and TFI. Most due to age, but some, to chase down the electrical gremlin. I've got an '85 ECU in it (it had a 2.9), I've checked spout and have 0 volts at connector with key on, ECU relay tested good. Same problems with...
  10. Toasted

To V8, or not to V8

That's real assuring to know there are stock manifolds that I can use. As for the trans, that's also good to know, makes the r1 writeup somewhere easier to follow. Same for the expo belt drive, didn't know about that, but I guess it is the factory 5.0 swap. Now, it would be easier to put it in...
  11. Toasted

To V8, or not to V8

The body is gone, but the frame is good. I may just patch it up if the '90 cab is too hard to put on. Other than that, I don't really care for it but I bought it for a grand(!!), as they're sorta hard to find.
  12. Toasted

To V8, or not to V8

Little backstory here. I have an '86 BII that doesn't have spark, or fuel. My guess is the pcm is garbage, but spending 100$ on a new module would be dumb. Buddy of mine has a 351w I can have, for free. Free! It's carbureted but it's coming from an RV. My 93 f150 just seized, so i've got a...